A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help needed with sound issues!!

Help needed with sound issues!!

Hi,

I have 6 slides/frames in my movie and each one needs to play a narration/sound when the user goes to that slide. However, I need the previous sound to stop when the user decides to move halfway during a narration.

Ie: The user comes to the "home" slide and the "welcome" narration starts, but halfway through it the user clicks on the "contact" button to go to the "contact slide", I would like then want the "welcome" narration to stop and the "contact slide" narration to start.

Right now, I simply put an instance of each narration on the appropriate slide/frame and did the settings as shown below:

Sound: Track 1.wav
    Effect: Fade in
    Sync: Start
    Loop: 0 times

But the previous sound keeps playing when the user advances to other parts of the movie and the becomes a jumble as the other sounds start playing.

Any help would be tremendously appreciated!!

(Thanks "bfly03" on the previous post - It worked

Best regards,

Zain
    zainmagsi@hotmail.com
    Zain Magsi

Banned
    Either use sound objects independently controlled...

http://www.kennybellew.com/

Or you may try stopping all sounds on each button before re-directing your movie to another frame, where if a new sound is encountered, it will play and be heard.
    code:

on(release){
    stopAllSounds();
    // your goto frame code...
    }

Are the audios event or streaming.. You could probably use event audios.. use linkage in the library and code such that the audio plays from beginning to end..
    Again stop all sounds is the way to go..
    Let me know if you need more help with the code.. ill try putting together something for u

Uday