A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mp3 formatting...and you!

mp3 formatting...and you!

Does anyone have a suggested app to use to organize and classify my mp3 files? I started downloading and ripping a long time ago and before I knew it I was sitting on thousands of mp3 files which are named incorrectly or have the wrong ID info in them. I would like to clean this stuff up, but hate using Winamp to do it as the process is very slow and tedious.

Is there some sort of application out there that would help me accomplish this - if it utilized CDDB that would be even better!

Obviously, everything new I add to my hard drive is encoded properly, but there is lots of old stuff sitting there that I would love to clean up!

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

Yes ... Windows Explorer.

Sorry.. I got a program that removes every id tag, due to the fact that I rename all my mp3's to fit in a format that suits me. (http://classic.winamp.com/plugins/de...ponentId=49416

I also break down each genre, then within that I break it up by artist, then I break it up by year/album.

I name all mp3's --- "artist - ## - song"

Some call me anal.. i say.. well.. no.. I guess I'm just anal..
    Last edited by 1337designs; 11-14-2003 at 04:15 PM.
    ..tween this

iTunes will let you edit ID3 info in batch.

Can I install iTunes on windows without making it the default mp3 player on my system? (I imagine it's not a problem - usually, they let you pick that stuff during install.)

RH

You can tell it not to search your hard disk for songs, but as far as file type associations, I don't remember. Winamp has a feature to reclaim them though, doesn't it?

imagination through stupidity

Re: mp3 formatting...and you!

Originally posted by hanratty21
    Does anyone have a suggested app to use to organize and classify my mp3 files? I started downloading and ripping a long time ago and before I knew it I was sitting on thousands of mp3 files which are named incorrectly or have the wrong ID info in them. I would like to clean this stuff up, but hate using Winamp to do it as the process is very slow and tedious.

Is there some sort of application out there that would help me accomplish this - if it utilized CDDB that would be even better!

Obviously, everything new I add to my hard drive is encoded properly, but there is lots of old stuff sitting there that I would love to clean up!

RH
    if the ID tags are somewhat correct.. ie .. song name and artist.. windows media player will look em up and download the correct info automatically.. it does it while it plays them..
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Thanks, Sybersnake! I am going to check that out!

RH

imagination through stupidity
    Originally posted by hanratty21
    Thanks, Sybersnake! I am going to check that out!

RH
    it doesn't do it all the time, sometimes its goofy, you can select look up info from the media library, and it will let you type the stuff into boxes and lets you select a cd, then it will insert the info.
    Nothing to see here, move along.

Beatmaster
    http://www.musicmatch.com allows you to supertag
    d(-‚-)b Beat the Stream d(-‚-)b