A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have converted!

I have converted!

Well, i've been using PC's for about 7 years now and I finally bit the bullet today and went to the Mac store. I'm typing this post on my new Mac G5 dual processor 1GB Ram cinema screen frickin biggity bomb gigawatt superman mac daddy machine!

I'd never even used a Mac before and within 30 minutes I had everything running smoothly out of the box, downloading songs from ITunes to my IPod, on the internet, checking Apple Mail, organizing my photos and playing with Final Cut Pro 4. I love this thing! I really like how everything is organized and it's so damn easy to use, even for a retard like me, so I don't understand how people get confused working on these things. Hey, I even like the one button mouse, as there really isn't as much to right click anyways.

After thinking about updating my PC to Premiere Pro and the DVStorm 2, and then reading about it and realizing this driver might not work with this card which might not work on this OS on this version of software with this video card....I said to myself, screw this. I don't have time to troubleshoot this crap.

I'm going to drop-kick my PC out the window, that cranky loudass sorry P.O.S. I'm thinking to myself why didn't I think of this before? The interface is so cool and friendly, as Steve Job's said, "You just want to lick the screen". I'm not going that far, but it does look quite tasty.

So what are some of the Mac essentials? Besides the IPod of course.
    Last edited by Visionray; 11-18-2003 at 05:26 AM.

Damn, and I'm still waiting for my dual G5. (Still completly sold out in Switzerland)

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

I'm thinking about splurging for a G5 too.. I really wanted to spend $$ upgrading my main PC box for HL2 and building a storage server...

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    VR goes to the Dark Side.

Will you still be sending out those yummy Christmas baskets, or has the MAC put an end to those as well??
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

mac essentials? theme changer 0.6 and change away from aqua... that's the first thing I did. aqua, while cute and functional, just takes up too much screen real estate for my likes. besides, it's too damn cute.

erm... lemme see. you got final cut pro, after effects 6.0 would be nice too

but use your mouse from that other machine... two button mice. You have to use 'em. erm... what are you looking for? I got links and pointers galore.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

You will suffer a torrent of abuse (I'm thinking pies in the face) if you use the words "frickin biggity bomb gigawatt superman mac daddy" again.

I think those words are prohibited somewhere in the FK sign-up agreement?

Just kidding though. All I have to say is, I'm sure it's nice, but as always, think of what you could do with the extra money if you bought a PC...

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

bah. his PC cost as much as that G5. dually Xeon's aren't cheap mg33. that was what he was running.

and besides, I'm still running a G4 cube circa 2000. can't say the same for my PC's.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    hey give us an update when you start doing heavy amounts of work. Would like to know your opinion.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Hey can I have your PC since u going to junk it? Just don't go liberal on us Vision.

Originally posted by Hellsbellboy
    Hey can I have your PC since u going to junk it? Just don't go liberal on us Vision.
    Too late, the change has already started; his hair is growing out and he's beginning to eye those tie-dyed t-shirts a bit longer than he used to...

I only bash Macs because I can't afford one. So 'Bleh! A Mac?!'
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Originally posted by japangreg
    Too late, the change has already started; his hair is growing out and he's beginning to eye those tie-dyed t-shirts a bit longer than he used to...

I only bash Macs because I can't afford one. So 'Bleh! A Mac?!'
    Damn it's worst then I thought.. Time for a intervention. And a Exorcism.

don't be hatin'

what next: a volkswagon, karbala, a matrix tattoo?

have fun buying all your software again and not being able to share files with anyone you know (except gerbs). i stick firmly to my belief that the only reason to get a mac is to be able to say you did --- see title of this thread.....

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

Originally posted by nordberg
    what next: a volkswagon, karbala, a matrix tattoo?
    Ha ha! ZING!

i stick firmly to my belief that the only reason to get a mac is to be able to say you did
    Its funny because its true

Originally posted by Covenent
    Its funny because its true
    LOL! BTW - loving your title!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

have fun buying all your software again and not being able to share files with anyone you know (except gerbs). i stick firmly to my belief that the only reason to get a mac is to be able to say you did --- see title of this thread.....
    bah. want me to send you some flash files? or html? or quicktime movies? or what about some psd's? all made on mac, all will work on PC's

you guys got me laughing over here.

send me some over MSN Messenger.. a friend of mine has a mac and can't send files to me over ICQ.. wondering if it works over Messenger.

Originally posted by gerbick
    bah. want me to send you some flash files? or html? or quicktime movies? or what about some psd's? all made on mac, all will work on PC's

you guys got me laughing over here.
    Yeah sure send them over this way, I could with some decent psd's to pass off as my own work.

Hehe thanks for the compliment nordberg

I think he (VR) will notice the difference specially with video, (at least i have while working on a mac) since i guess thats what hes going to use it mostly for , besides final cut is real good, i love every time i have a chance to use it.
    Havnt tried premiere pro tho.