A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wacko Jacko - Oops, he did it again

Originally posted by Ali_W
    Boy, am I glad I don't live in the States and have someone accuse me of anything. Here in the UK the prosecution still has to prove someone to be guilty not the other way round.
    vision is messing with ya.. yes here in the states, you are innocent until proven guilty in the Court of Law.. In the Court of Public Opinion that's a different matter, there is NO evidence out yet.. and people already saying he's guilty.

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    FlipShark's prediction:

Jacko gets off on all criminal charges.

Jacko gets nailed by civil charges, is forced to pay out millions to "victim".

Bring the public to a lather, rinse it from their minds, and repeat it all again in 10 years.

Fact is Jackson will likely get off regardless of whether he is guilty or innocent... Why?? Not to slam the American justice system, but it seems like the rich can buy innocence, while the poor people who can't afford $1000+/hour go to prison get the stick.

Now:

Can they prove Jackson did it? Probably not beyond a reasonable doubt = no criminal action.

Can they prove it is likely that Jackson did it? Probably = civil case.

ten years? dude, he just got out of this like... what? a year ago?

jacko = big friggin' idiot.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Originally posted by gerbick
    ten years? dude, he just got out of this like... what? a year ago?

jacko = big friggin' idiot.
    Yeah, but his last child molestation charges were filed exactly ten years ago in 1993, where he paid the victim millions to "go away".

He has been accused of being a freak, and a wacko, etc., but it's been ten years since similar charges have been files against him.

I agree though jacko = big friggin' idiot.

but this time the victim's family isn't interested in monetary settlements and wants Jackson brought to justice

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Sorry for this, as I'm a big fan of fair, unbiased trials, innocent until guilty etc, but I'm with VR and mg33.

The guy is a total mess. He got burned 10 years ago, but couldn't keep his hand out of the cookie jar. He's at it again (probably never stoppped) and would have no doubt continued sleeping with children until somebody finally got the nuts up to say enough's enough (and not do it for the money).

I'm glad that day has finally come and I hope he does some hard freakin' time and pays enormous compensation for the damage he has undoubtedly done.

Also - It might be Open Season on Wacko Jacko, but it doesn't make it right just to go in there and grab your slice of his cash pie to compensate for your kid's torment and then scoot into cash-laden hiding. The guy needs jail, court-overseen therapy and a restraining order so tight that planes carrying children will have to divert around Neverland, but just up and taking the cash makes no allowance for protecting the next child in line for Michael's 'special' treatment. If these people had pushed for custodial time first time around, maybe this wouldn't be happening (again). I hope they feel partly responsible for the current situation.

Because they certainly are.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

i'm pretty sure this is checkmate for mj. which is fine since his best work has already been made...do we really need him 'out here' anymore?

there is a silver lining to all of this --- he'll probably have to pay a lot of money by the time this is all over. since he's $200 million in debt, i'm sure he could sell that beatles catalog back to paul <---- still mad about jacko selling revolution to nike - i mean, come on!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

The fact that he really believes that it's okay to let children that are not his sleep in his bed with him is as absurd as how he thinks he's going to get off this.

I seriously feel like he'll go down this time. 10 years ago he didn't have a ton of insanity of years prior like he does now, and this stuff is just from the past year! Baby dangling, masks on kids faces, the television interview last Spring, what else?
    It all builds a pretty distinct picture of a person totally living in some twisted version of reality that none of us could comprehend.

I mean, he says he's Peter Pan...

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

Originally posted by mg33
    Baby dangling, masks on kids faces, the television interview last Spring, what else?
    Don't forget his pet chimp Bubbles, who he probably has a "special" relationship with as well.

I read something interesting in a CNN article today that stated the laws in California have changed over the years. Now, a victim of child molestation is required to testify.

In the previous case in 1993, the boy never even testified, they settled out of court. SO, this means that whether this family wants a settlement or not (which they say they don't) Michael still has to go to court and hear testimony from the child, with a jury deciding if he's guilty or not, not the kid's parents.

Anyways, what's going to happen to MJ in jail? Child molestors get no respect in jail, and he's likely to get killed in there unless they set him up in his own suite. I'd be curious to see how far his money will take him in that situation, or if they would just throw him in with the general prison populous.

The feeling I got from watching both of those documentaries last spring (both the networks version and Michaels) was that Michael Jackson is basically a child and I kind of feel bad for him in a way. The dude never grew up, and has never led a normal life. He can hardly go outside in any country without people flipping out . That's probably why be builds jungle gyms and plays around with kids and his pet giraffe, and of course why he calls himself Peter Pan.
    Last edited by Visionray; 11-20-2003 at 01:52 AM.

Visionray,

Similiar thoughts to what you said at the end there. I was talking with a woman at work about this today, and I had this thought that perhaps Jackson's attitude towards children-sleepovers, the visits to the ranch, zoo animals, amusement park rides, etc.-these may all be his ways of doing the opposite of what he received as a child from his own father...

And that would be having been beaten, as I'm sure you know. Jackson was not sexually abused by his father, but was physically abused, beaten with belts, and so on.

Many people say they want to do things differently than their parents did for them, often in cases where the parent(s) were lacking in an area that we deem a proper area of parental involvement.
    I could totally see how Jackson could see his treatment of kids as doing the opposite of what was done to him-but he's taken it to levels any level headed person can quickly see as unusual, perhaps intolerable, and certainly strange.

mg33
    The Atlantic Divide My band here in Chicago, USA. || We also exist here on myspace: myspace.com/theatlanticdivide

Sure, I can't disagree that the motivation for his actions is some sort of screwed up reality that was inspired by his abnormal childhood/adulthood. Looks to me as though he basically cracked under the pressure of half the world being in love with him, couldn't take it and retreated into his own little fantasy. Talk about building The Wall - although he's probably never listened to the album (or seen the movie) I reckon that's a pretty good explanation of what has happened there.

Of course, there's no problem with rich people living in their own fantasy world, but despite their cash and delusions, they're still subject to real-world consequences when they cross the line of what is accceptable. He's crossed that line (whether he accepts it or not - it does seem he is in complete denial that what he gets up to is in the least bit strange) and now he needs to be shown that what (I am sure) he has done will not be tolerated.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Originally posted by hurricaneone
    Of course, there's no problem with rich people living in their own fantasy world
    Hence a liberal Hollywood...

R: Yeah, I respect my right to bear arms.
    D: WHAT?! GUNS KILL PEOPLE
    R: Well actually I live on a farm in Virginia and I....
    D: YOU SHOOT PEOPLE IN VIRGINIA?!
    R: No, there are bears, groundhogs, and other wild animals...
    D: Bears? Why aren't they in the zoo?
    R: Well actually they are wild....
    D: DOWN WITH BUSH! DOWN WITH BUSH! DOWN WITH BUSH!

An actual made-up conversation between D and R.

here's a op ed piece on the whole thing and brings out some interesting bits.. That the kids Family was at Michael's Neverland ranch while this was going on.. ie when the cops where there and junk..
    And I believe someone mentioned it.. but what kind of parents let their kid/s stay the night with him?
    Would You Let Your Kid Bunk With Jacko?

Thursday, November 20, 2003
    By Robin Wallace
    I don’t know how many times over the years I’ve watched the relentless coverage of one or another high-profile news story with an almost uncontainable frustration and dismay at the failure of journalists to ask what appears to be the most obvious and pressing of questions.

On Wednesday, as I watched the Santa Barbara authorities field the barrage of questions being fired at them by a media gone wild over an investigation of Michael Jackson on child molestation charges, my percolating blood pressure got some minor relief when, at the very end of the press conference, a reporter shouted out, “What advice do you have to parents who let their children stay over at Neverland?”

“Don’t do it!” the district attorney and the sheriff replied, laughing at the obvious ridiculousness of the question. “Our kids aren’t there.”

The question, as phrased, was ridiculous, but the idea behind it was not. More than a decade after Jackson was the center of another child molestation scandal — allegations that went away as the result of an out-of-court financial settlement — there are still parents, apparently quite a few of them, who don’t see a problem with letting their kids attend Jackson’s pajama parties.

So yes, advising parents on how to protect their kids while at Neverland is an absurd question. The correct question is: What’s wrong with these parents who let their kids sleep over at Jackson's Neverland Ranch (search), and what are the authorities going to do about them?

Michael Jackson is not a camp counselor or a youth group leader or a little league coach or a Catholic priest who has legitimate unsupervised access to large numbers of kids. He's not an adult with whom your 12-year-old son would naturally come in contact in the course of his daily, prepubescent life. However these families originally meet Jackson — they must be invited into his home and then decide to accept the invitation.

Additionally, these parents then decide at some point to leave their kids alone with him, overnight — alone and overnight with a man who not only has been at the center of a child sexual abuse scandal in the past, but who has also publicly and shamelessly admitted that he enjoys sharing his bed with children, that he does so frequently and that he doesn’t think there is anything wrong with this.

Are we supposed to believe that there is a person on this planet who is not aware of Jackson’s history? Perhaps even more revealing about these parents, are we supposed to believe that there is a 12-year-old boy on the planet who is actually a fan of Michael Jackson’s and wants to spend his time hanging out with him? Michael Jackson is not a famous athlete or an action hero, nor does he record the kind of music that 10- or 12-year-old boys listen to these days. In fact, this boy was reportedly taunted and teased by other 12-year-olds about his relationship with Jackson. (Eminem doesn't really seem all that bad now, does he?)

It’s the parents who are the fans, the parents who want the access to Jackson, to fame, to his money, to the bragging rights of being able to say they “know” a superstar, and because Jackson is who he is, the kids are the key to the Neverland gates.

Consider the circumstances of the boy accusing Jackson now. According to Fox’s Roger Friedman, the boy was a cancer patient whom Jackson met through his charity work. Jackson paid the family's medical bills and bought the parents a new house. The price they paid for Jackson’s largesse was that their son emerged from the association with Jackson so troubled that psychiatric treatment was needed. He told his psychiatrist about the abuse, and the psychiatrist — not the parents — went to the police.

As Friedman reported Wednesday, after the boy claimed Jackson molested him, “Jackson kept the family at Neverland for a period of time, hoping to convince them to drop their allegations by lavishing them with entertainment and further merriment.”

Why would this family still be in Jackson’s home after their son claimed to be abused? Why would they have any contact with him at all? Why were they even in a position at that time to be "lavished with entertainment and further merriment?" The fact that the family has so far not sought a financial settlement from Jackson has added a layer of legitimacy to the allegations, but the question is not so much whether the allegations are true but why these parents allowed their child to be alone with Jackson in the first place, and why they remained in Jackson’s home “for a period of time” after their son came forward.

How could you remain under the same roof as a person you believed sexually abused your son? How could you keep your son under that roof?

It doesn’t matter if Jackson is a sexual predator or not. The public behavior he proudly exhibits suggests, at the very least, mental instability. The private behavior he openly admits to is, by any reasonable measure, deviant. Jacko is wacko, and I know that as a parent, someone with his peculiarities and predilections would not be my first choice for a companion for my kid — and I have a daughter. He may or may not be guilty of abuse, but any parent who would trust him with his or her child certainly is.

As the news coverage continued Wednesday, Fox’s Shepard Smith said on the air that he was waiting to “hear about these parents who send their kids to Neverland.” Let’s hope that this time around, reporters and the authorities seek the answer to that question.

Interesting read, I didn't know that Jackson did that for the family, which leads to this question from the piece.

How could you remain under the same roof as a person you believed sexually abused your son? How could you keep your son under that roof?
    Certainly there must be some guilt factor to this.
    the boy was a cancer patient whom Jackson met through his charity work. Jackson paid the family's medical bills and bought the parents a new house
    Not to mention Jackson could pull "Your son might be dead if it weren't for me"

The parents may have been there to get an explaination from Jackson.

I was wondering what kid even knows Jackson's music these days. They have only known the freaky looking Jackson, with an ever shrinking nose and a more albino looking skin tone each appearence. I can barely look at his picture, let alone being able to be in the same room as him.

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    I can barely look at his picture, let alone being able to be in the same room as him.
    Me too.

I can only guess that his grotesque features will not help when it comes to his court appearance.

Re: Re: Wacko Jacko - Oops, he did it again

Originally posted by gerbick
    he's a 40+ year old man. any parent that's stupid enough to let their child stay with this rich perv needs to be lobotomized as well. but it could have all been avoided.
    I agree 100%. ANY parent who does this needs to be charged with child endangerment or some such thing.

And I don't think he declared bankruptcy because he offered the parents of the kids 5 million bukaroos, a house in Brazil, and cars.
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

Originally posted by Kaco
    did'nt he declare bankruptcy?
    I thought so. i read he borrowed lots of money not too long ago. Still he does have some very rich friends (Liz taylor, Minelli etc) and last but not least, spoon bender Uri Geller.

As for the kids - you'd be surprised. Go to the MTv site/community and read some of the posts about his arrest. There are many 14 year olds out there who are expressing their support and apparently love his music.

a
    We're médecins sans frontières. More about us here

I think MJ is highly disturbed and delusional.

That being said, he's been accused of this in the past, and the parents claimed all they wanted was "Justice", yet it never made it to court, it ended when they were paid something like 20 million dollars.

Now, considering it has happened before, and the man who "wanted Justice", dropped it once he got a large amount of money, I'm afraid I have to call BS again.

Whoever this kid is and his parents are, they knew MJ was an easy target. Let the kid spend a few days at Neverland and bammo, easy few million, that is how it will end. What's said is that parents are using their children as money makers. If he does molest children (which is probably does.. like I said, he's disturbed), they have to be living under a rock not to know it's a good possibility that it could happen to their child.

Just as a note, just because he filed for bankruptcy does not mean he is broke, he earned an annual income of over 40 million a year for over 10 years. By filing for bankruptcy he destroys his credit by not having to pay off current or past debts. However, with 400+ million dollars he can simply live off cash for the rest of his life.
    ..tween this

I just want to clarify - there's absolutely no relation.

Banned by GMF ™
    FK´s Banning Machine

Originally posted by DigitalOne
    I just want to clarify - there's absolutely no relation.
    Ok good cuz I'm pretty sure that's what everyone on the boards was thnking