A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New project online

the man without the plan

New project online

Hi all,

Finally a new Flash-site of mine went online!

http://www.anygreen.com

Let me know what you think please, I'd like some feedback, remarks or tips.

Thanks!

Iliked the layout and the cleanliness...but it is tiring. boring.
    you need to make it pop out. Make some good transactions. Maybe some background music.

6.5 out of 10

Originally posted by Kaco
    Iliked the layout and the cleanliness...but it is tiring. boring.
    you need to make it pop out. Make some good transactions. Maybe some background music.

6.5 out of 10
    Tiring and boring? I found myself interested in plants after viewing this site. I like the subtle transitions of images under the "office plants". I don't think background music would do a justice for this site.

Nice job.

Layout is clean and good.

>| Insert Random Quote Here|< Flash Kev's Avatar
    Originally posted by mxkidz
    Layout is clean and good.
    Great English

But yeah i agree!

Here are some of the things I hate.

Web sites moving the size of my browser. I have made my browser a perfect size so I can still fit other windows like MSN around it and surf the internet happily. There is no reason on earth to mess around with my browser, if you really have to, make it a pop-up window, it's going to take me ages to get it all lined up again.

Secondly the status bar. That is my status bar that I use to see if Google has blocked a pop-up, to tell me when the page is Done, to see where the links go and I don't like people using it. It says "Choose a language" on the main part of the site, no need for it.

Now the good stuff...

Lovely interface, with a great menu. Nice graphics, really quick and easy - just what I love.

the man without the plan
    Originally posted by asheep_uk
    Here are some of the things I hate.

Web sites moving the size of my browser. I have made my browser a perfect size so I can still fit other windows like MSN around it and surf the internet happily. There is no reason on earth to mess around with my browser, if you really have to, make it a pop-up window, it's going to take me ages to get it all lined up again.

Secondly the status bar. That is my status bar that I use to see if Google has blocked a pop-up, to tell me when the page is Done, to see where the links go and I don't like people using it. It says "Choose a language" on the main part of the site, no need for it.
    Hey asheep_uk, thanks for the great reply, I completely agree and I'm still looking for a better way to give the client a fullscreen Flash-experience. When you allow the Flash itself to scale to fullscreen, it get's sooooo ugly... That's why I tried the fullscreen-black page as pop-under for the popup site.

In my newest project, I first detect the user's browserwindowsize and then let Flash place the elements of the interface so that it fills that screen nicely...I' ll post that one when it's ready!

Thanks again everyone for the great reactions!

very very nice......except, pop-ups are dead. If you change your background to white and keep everything in the same (original) browser window, this site would be just about perfect.