A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Normal Script Editing in Flash MX Pro 2004?

Normal Script Editing in Flash MX Pro 2004?

I have got Flash MX Pro 2004 and i realized that there is only the Expert Mode in ActionScripting. Is that so or was i not able to find the switch??

Thanx

Gilo
    Gilles Becker
    mail:gilles.becker@etzella.lu

Banned
    It's gone!

Thanx for the reply

what about flash mx 2004 is there still the normal script editing available?

or did they remove that option completely from mx 2004??

Gilo
    Gilles Becker
    mail:gilles.becker@etzella.lu

its kinda there...
    If you notice to the left of the actionscript panel, there is a directory tree of scripts. You can drag and drop stuff from there over into the actionscript panel.

Its not exactly what you're used to, but if you're not that familiar with script, it eliminates some of the guesswork as to proper syntax..

-myk

what a pain. Honestly, I consider myself to be pretty adept at action script, but there is no way I can remember every which way to use most of these commands. Hints are nice, but on a large monitor its not worth the strain of my eyes to read.

Why take out a feature which has been there since day one? I realize that I can drag things over and type everything in, but then I have to worry about my typing and making sure I remember each and every comma and semicolon.

When I am creating a function which reads XML and puts it into an array and then updates some other functions, than yes I want to use expert. But for a simple goto or get url... I can probably do it faster in normal.
    [swf width="300" height="40" background="#006699"]http://shakti.trincoll.edu/~agallisa/footer.swf[/swf]

www.12inchwarriors.com
    Yap very frustrating indeed. specially when it comes to typing all the codes 1 by 1. Why in the 1st place they remove it
    Last edited by cyberjoe; 11-27-2003 at 03:52 AM.