A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WISHLIST

Lets refresh that wish list-

This is to make it easier for Bob to know what we want, one place to look.
    Please post only wishes for future releases of KoolMoves, if you have any questions or comments about current features, please create a new post. Thank you

Brad

1.motion paths for objects

2.a bone system

3.point grouping

4.action scripting

5.import of .avi movies for frame by frame rotoscoping

6.an autotracer

7.improved frame editing ability(a compositor)

8.output to .avi or other format

9.import of .swf files

10.size of an object/shape in pixels

11.shape library

12.improved help files(updated)

13.improved layer editing ability, some sort of dialog box, think photoshop

14.way to tell how much an object is rotated, moved, etc.

Brad

this is my wish list;

1. Transformation of Raster formats- Scale and fade.

2. A little box showing the # of seconds between Frames-should be easy.

3. A pallet for line color and fill color that would allow users to select before the line is drawn.

4. Export to other formats. SWT is comming yeah!! SVG is a while off.

5. Import SVG and SWF. PDF is comming so yay!!

6. More Actionscripts.

7. Shape Library- should be easy also.

8. Link to external Raster app.

9. Auto Trace.

10. Bones.

On point grouping:

I am able to group points by shift-clicking them and move them as a unit. Do you mean something more than this by "point grouping"?

I think Brad wants to lock points into new shapes or something. I think autotrace (not that important becuase of third party tools) and a skeletal frame tool are a lot higher on my list.

Even higher on my list are a display of time between frames on the main interface, a way to choose line and fill color before drawing shapes, and raster scale and fade. A shape library would be easy to implement.

Super Moderator
    What is a skeletal frame tool?

Also, explain the shape library?

What do you mean by link to external raster app?

What do you have in mind when you say more actionscripts?

Bones is a skeletal frame tool.

A shape library is easy. In Library's just add a folder that has shapes in it and add a link to it like the text effects library.

Link to external Raster Application is easy. Allow users to customize a button that when pushed will open up a Raster Image ediotor Like Paint Shop Pro, MS paint, or Photo Shop etc. Again Real easy to do.

Action scripts- allow users a choice to script controls into the SWF like Flash does. No other SWF Tools but Flash allow this at the time.

I want points to be able to be locked down, not able to be moved basically, would be a useful animation tool.

Brad

Super Moderator
    Have you tried hiding (Ctrl H) the shape? That prevents any transform from changing the shape.

Yes I know about that, I am refering to locking/hiding individual points on a shape.

Brad

Maybe Bob could make the O-shape(as a mask tool) as another choice in the tool menu, also a square with rounded edges would be nice too!

Brad

Sound in KoolMoves player, and more options for sound import.

Brad

Wish list from Germany

MOVING SHAPES WITH THE ARROWKEYS IN TWO DIFFERENT SPEEDS

To move shapes, you can use the arrowkeys. This method is exactly but the increment is very small. It would be nice if there will be a possibility in future to move with a bigger/faster increment (without using the damned mouse). For example with the combination of „shift“ and arrowkey. If so you would save a lot of time in working / positioning shapes exactly. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
    Dirk

[Edited by 5minutes on 11-21-2000 at 04:20 AM]

Another wish:

Fade in (and out) of pixel grafics with transparency

More then one view available. Have two windows(or more) available so you can view different areas of your drawing, this way one could be zoomed in close, while the other is full view so you could see what your adjustments would look like. Available in many programs, haven't seen it in a 2d program, but it is a feature in many 3d programs, and I think it would be useful in KoolMoves.

Thanks
    Brad

BONES.....please BONES.

Thank you

Brad

Lightbulb WISHLIST

In CorelDraw you can "combine" objects to be "one"

I.e. the letter "A", when imported into Koolmoves seperates the inside of the "A". Right now, there is no way (that I know) to combine the two parts into one so the inside of the "A" shows through.

Also, how about different formats for the background image.

BIGGIE!!
    To be able to resize all the objects across all the frames and move them. I.E. There are times I want to take an existing project that is big, and I want to make it smaller.

That's it for now!

fw,

You are exactly right on that being a "biggie". You like myself are victims of being spoiled by Corel's simplicity in their features. That resizing issue is HUGE to me too! koolMoves will get there soon enough. FlipBook can do all of that ( a professional 2D program) but it does not come nearly as cheap as KM. I'm not sure if Moho can do it though. It might be able to and it's more expensive that KM,..but not much more. I always though a direct twain compliancy scan import function would be cool too, but that can be worked around. the re-sizing issue cannot always be worked around, because you may not know that you want to re-size until you have a good look at it in the layout of which you are working. I agree with you, that must be addressed.

TD

Both of those features are already implemented.

You can Group any combination of shapes into 1 shape using the group command and the Transform> Scale/ Translate movie allows the second function.

A better function than either of these is already implemented. Try the movie clip function.

Make an Animation then save then Create new and use the File> import movie Function. I think you'll like it.

With this function you get to preview the animation when inserted and you can move the animation and change its speed.

Were talking about EVERY object in the presentation. To select EVERy one of them. Not just the same type, but all!

Lets say I have 12 frames. I want to shrink the entire size of all of it. I tried the Transform, and it does resize them all, but How to I mannually resize and move ALL objects. The Scale/Transform function does shrink it all, but not in the center.

Originally posted by johnie
    Both of those features are already implemented.

You can Group any combination of shapes into 1 shape using the group command and the Transform> Scale/ Translate movie allows the second function.