A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: button help

button help

i am not a 100% newbies when it comes to making buttons, have made a few in my times, at my website i have many frames, i want the community button to link to the frame in the center that is plain green with the text in it so i decided to title the frame "mainframe" and save it under the same name.
    This is the code for my button:

PHP:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.freewebs.com/sbzone/important/community.htm", "mainframe");
    }

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i would have thought this would work but instead the link opens up in a new window how do i fix this and make it work?

[EDIT]

I decided to change the button so it opened in the 'center' frame and changed the title of the frame to 'center' and when i published the button a window comes up saying

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Scene=Scene 1, Layer=Layer 1, Frame=1: Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
    on (release) {

does anyone know what this means?, someone said "it means you have to apply it to a button. go into the library, and change the properties from movie to button" but it was allready a button.

code:
    on (release) {
    getURL("http://www.freewebs.com/sbzone/important/community.htm", "mainFrame");
    }

This work?
    The other day, I bought a box of animal crackers. On the side, it said "Do Not Eat if Seal is Broken". I opened the box and sure enough...

nope didnt work....

so no one knows how to make this work?