A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: DropDown Navigation - Need Help

DropDown Navigation - Need Help

Hey FK! Im working on a project where I have my navigation menu hidden, and onRollOver, it slides down (and vice versa w/RollOut). Now the nav works fine. My problem is in the menu buttons (MCs) that are accessable when the navigation is visible. For whatever reason, Im having a difficult time targeting them. In the enclosed example, Im (starting off by) targeting the first of the menu buttons: "Intro". The relative path is: _root.Page3MC.MenuBarMC.NavigationMC.Intro
    Inside "NavigationMC" is where the script currently lies (Ive tried several different unsuccessful combination and locations to properly target the menu buttons) - and youll also notice ive "//'ed" out the array Im creating for the buttons once I have the target properly assigned.
    Enclosed should be a (saved as) MX file, and if I could have anyone shed a little light on this for me, Id really appreciate it, because Ive been fighting this off and on - to no avail - for about three days now...
    Thanks in advance,
    Geoff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Moving at the speed of Flash

is the script on the nav bar supposed to be commented?
    I love Oren Ishii!

oops, maybe i should read the post fully first
    sorry
    I love Oren Ishii!

Spidey wants his icon back! Defyeler's Avatar
    http://www.dkbds.com/test/testnav.swf

I'll point you in the right direction. I won't post the fla as i have dismembered it and reconstructed it with what you originally made.

You have active components on top of each other on different levels, only the top most level of any active component will obey script commands.

Ie, if you have a button on top of another button, only the top button works not the bottom one.

The way your menu is structured, there are active layers overlapping each other.
    Its never.. wow kool I like it, its always.. ok I made this.. how can it be better?

Thats basically exactly what I need. Defyeler - I PM'd you.
    Moving at the speed of Flash