dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: projector quetion??

projector quetion??

first post here so please be gentle

I am making a flash cd for work...
    my question is what are the pros and cons about projectors...

Being new to this it seems easier just to put a swf in a HTML file and open it in a browser, using the autorun that I read about on this forum. As long as the user has the right version flash player the movie should run good on both PC and MAC(have to make hybrid CD to auto run both platforms right?) once the movie is open?

Does one way or the other make the movie play smoother off the CD?

Just trying to get some more info because I was planning on just putting my movie in HTML file. Any comments or helpful links would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks
    adam
    www.waglerdesigns.com

If you create a projector with Flash then you have one EXE file that will run even if the user does NOT have the Flash Plug-in. A HTML file with a SWF will need the user to have the Flash Plug-in.

If you'd like to create something a bit more special, download a copy of Flash Studio PRO and you can create projectors which use joysticks, databases, manipulate the users system and much much more! You can also completely customize the projector window. I hope this helps!

Some more points

You get faster playback with Projectors. If you’re using the Flash OCX control, then your animation is running slower than it has to. For example, a 30 FPS movie looks like 24 on OCX.

You can export projectors for both Windows/Mac.

Good luck

thanks guys for your help! that got me a good start....I am still developing the flash movie...just tryig to think ahead....thanks again!
    adam
    www.waglerdesigns.com