A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help me

Hybrid View

help me

hi!

can someone help me with aa code for a button i am making please. im making this slide show and i have this button called AUTOPLAY and what i want it to do is everytime to you press it it plays. i got the play part. but i dont know how to get it to stay at a frame for a couple of secs before goin to the next frame. also i want it to stop change the wrod "PLAY" on the button to "STOP" everytime you press the "ATUOPLAY" button and when it stops i want the word stop to change to "PLAY". can someone help me please and thank you for the help.

you'll want to use the setInterval command for pauseing at each frame. You could just set it to tell the playhead to nextFrame when the interval is met. For the button you could put both an on and an off button inside a movie clip on frames one and two. Then just make part of your onRelease code change the currentFrame of that movie.

lol. im sorry i dont mean to be rude but i only understod the last sentence. you see im not that good in action script. so i dont really know what you said. sorry

but thanks for tryin im just not a very smart person

Make a new movie clip with two frames. On the first frame put your autoplay graphic and on the second put your stop graphic. Then put a stop command on each of those frames. Now you can either put an invisible button over that entire movie clip or make each of those graphics buttons themselves. Either way, on the button you have "autoplaying" put:
    code:
    on (release) {
    buttonsMC.play();
    }

And as for the time inbetween pictures if you don't want to mess with setInterval, just add like 20 frames inbetween each picture.