dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My theory: Green isnt Green for everyone!

Originally posted by Cruise
    Are you a green Vegetable? Couse it looks like blue to me..
    MOST certainly Green. Though i don't mind looking blue to you as long as i'm not having a bad hair day

pea

War is futile: just drink beer phooka's Avatar
    "Parasitic life is the pinnacle of evolution"

A boss...

Originally posted by pea
    Originally posted by Cruise
    Are you a green Vegetable? Couse it looks like blue to me..
    MOST certainly Green. Though i don't mind looking blue to you as long as i'm not having a bad hair day

pea
    ok this is getting silly

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

LOL!

Time for the final conclusion:
    Vegetables are healthy sometimes.
    AND
    Green IS Blue to me.
    AND
    (Add your personal conclusion here)

my conclusion is tolerance and respect. if you're told that black is white and green is blue and you don't agree, at least respect the individual's opinion.

pea

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Originally posted by pea
    my conclusion is tolerance and respect. if you're told that black is white and green is blue and you don't agree, at least respect the individual's opinion.

pea
    You .. mean... YOU DISAGREE WITH ME!?!?

I allways have loved Vegetables... but for some reason i feel a terrible hate against them...
    j/k pea!

i conclude youre all silly!!! LOL (ha - silly - says me!!!)

Cruise> i don't disagree with you, i just see green as green and olive green and sea green and other shades of green as they are but i understand that you can see the same colors as blue or be taught that they are blue and i won't go proving to you that you are wrong. i'll respect your view of green as blue because it's me who may be wrong. anyway there is no absolute right/wrong so... you see what i'm getting at, right?

Enigma> go post your opinion on genetic engineering if you want something all that deep and insightful.
    http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...threadid=50399

pea

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

HA PEA!
    And theres the whole point!
    How could you know you see green as green!
    Maybe you see green as i see blue and the other way arround!
    But you'll never know becouse you where tought to call it green anyway!

I asked this question of my fellow classmates a dozen years ago and everyone thought I was nuts. Glad to see I'm not alone, cruise.

I do like the post about frequency though, might read up on it some more to see if it holds the key.

We have different psychological reactions towards different colors, it's something very basic, especially with green and red, in this way you could test the reactions and find out if we see ( or imagine) the same colours. Maybe you could work with the color-spectrum too, many people don't see special colours but the rest they see like everybody else (or could you imagine persons walking through a world of pink and neon-green and feeling good )

By the way this is the first buddhistic thread I saw on Flashkit ( "everything is imagination","I want to be englightend") like it Funny hihhihi

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Uhmm this thread as nothing to do if i see colors or not.
    This thread is about how we learned to give names to colors WITCH are the SAME colors but we dont see it AS the same colors.. man am i the only one with an IQ higher as my shoesize?

Oh, I'm sorry cruise.. you didn't get it ?? I'm sorry

Ask somebody what he feels toward red, if the description is the same like all others (and it is very similar!) than they all have seen the same colour or do you think they would give green the same description??

read my post again cruise.....it really prooves that your theory can't be valid....the way we see colors is determined by the frequency (colors are actually all reflections of light) So to see somtehing else then someone else does the, frequency must be interpreted differently. If someone interprets the frequency of infrared light differently, that person must be able to see it............you see() ?
    [Edited by DutchDesign on 11-08-2000 at 11:34 AM]

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Uhm i still have a darkbrown feeling that you all dont get it...
    red is red but green is green
    However i see red as green and you see green as red..
    Why?
    Becouse thats my theory..
    and to prove it i have made a little flashthingy.
    [swf width="300" height="100"]http://shady.light1.net/~cruise/red.swf[/swf]

You see..
    When you look carefull to the red color.. dont you see green in it?
    And the other way arround?
    Maybe we call it green but i see it as red..

Dutchdesign: Dont spoil my thread now will you

maybe your little flas-thingie proves that you are able to make a colour tween but nothing more YOU didn't get it ...!!!

What's this frequency stuff ??? It has nothing to do with his question you are all ill, YOU MAKE ME ILL ALL ILL ILLLLL IOIOLALAIELKSAJHSdgf,bvev uh rreihnerri lk qds jav- efb ,j.sdfy.rhfdb ba csgiluqw egd ikiuqerpf coloriscoloryoucanproveitonapsychologicalbase helfvsgdf
    ssl_s.....I'm going home now thanks for the Fun.I'll give it a second try in some hours or tomorrow maybe I can explain it better.
    sfad
    gvjqegqhfqjevkejqpjpogq

Cruise, you are probably the only person on earth who sees red and when it is really green. You're like color blind, but color confused. Red is red. If what you say is true then some ppl go there whole lives thinking that human blood is green or blue or whatever. I think those ppl would be thought of as quite mental...

Cheers,
    Cion

Ok. cruise...i'm gonna leave you alone....for now
    It has been an interesting thread, and i DO get your point. It seems that you, nor anyone else on the board understand the frequency stuff i came up with. I got some more interesting threads about stuff like this going on, so i'm just gonna leave you all here...maybe flashmonk can come up with a good story to undermine your theory

Cheers

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Why does nobody say im right!?

I AM RIGHT! I AM! ITS MY THEORY AND ITS FREAKING GOOD!
    Gheheheh

The question boils down to we have all defined our colors based on what we see. I know red is like the color of blood, we have blue skies, green grass....
    on my crayolas it says red. As a child I see that and say that is red. I have associated red with what my mind sees. But let's just take two colors blue and red. imagine a world in your mind where everything you now see as blue would look red and vice versa. so the sky would look what you now call red.

Problem: as a child you look to the sky and someone says its blue. So you think that is blue. Everything else in the world which is the same color people call blue, so you call it blue. Nobody thinks your messed up but in fact your world has a red sky and such. Would you think it was odd. No. You've always seen it that way. People describe it that way. (They call it blue after all)

Ever wonder why some people think certain colors go well together when they dont. Maybe they do the way they see them.

And as for frequencies, well some people are color blind, which means their eyes/optical nerves/whatever are interpreting the frequencies differently. They dont make as much distinction between some. Why couldn't it be possible to be seeing some differently?

And for the emotions, well we base our emotions on passed experiences. People feel red is a angry color cause it's the color of blood, fire whatever.... Well in example above everything that is red is still called red blood is red (but he is seeing it what you would describe as blue).
    We have associations with colors and thus feelings. Those would still be the same.