A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: newbee

Hey everyone!
    I'm just getting started with my flash design adventures and could use a few "starter tips" with regards to what software i need and other real basic "heads up" info. After i become more familiar with flash and basic web design, i'd like to create cool animation with music. Thanks-

Senior Moderator
    Well to do your HTML pages i would recommend Macromedia Dreamweaver 3

To Create your Flash I Would use Macromedia Flash!!

Get The trials at http://www.macromedia.com

p.s to do your graphics i would use Adobe Photoshop 5.5,illustrator or Macromedia Fireworks 3 and if you want to learn flash well i would recommend that you purchase a book Flash 4 Magic Or The Flash 4 Bible are the best two!!Oh and welcome to our community!!

Regards Flashguru
    [Edited by FlashGuru on 06-21-2000 at 04:53 PM]

enjoying it rigt

Hi there ,

I am just startting flash as well but I have used the Director before I think Flash is more user friendly. In my opinion, the best way to do, when I create graphics that I use in my webdesign is Illustrator, Photoshop then I import it into
    Flash and also I use rebirth 2.0 for the sound production

I found others interesting website for the web design which I think you will find it is interesting

http://www.the-internet-eye.com/HOWTO/default.ht

FK Bored Crew

welcome!

Well, you need flash obviously. Then install flash and run it for the first time. Stare at the authoring environment, and wonder what the heck you were thinking. Then come back here and read the tutorials, starting with the basics. Especially the "Learning Flash" tutorial. Then practice and diddle around with stuff and post your questions in this forum (Under General Help) and be impressed at how everyone here is friendly and willing to help for free.

We were all newbies once and have "been there, done that" and understand your forthcoming frustrations

Welcome to our community

-fishee

Welcome! =)

We all started at the same point.

You are lucky to have found FlashKit so young in your flash career. I waited too long to look for help on the net and is why my skills grew at a slow pace when I was begining. Since coming here, I have developed into a lot more than I once was, and FlashKit should get some credit for this.

/me waits for staff to start asking for royalties.

Just keep plugging away at it and enjoy. Once you become addicted, let us know.

nick.Olson
    iRapture.com

ohyesssssss....motiontween....i found flashkit.com when i had iw13, which meant about april. so that was pretty far away!

i didn't start at the same point though. flash had been installed already on all machines..LOL

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar
    Hey Motiontween, Ill be taking some royalties for sure....

Am I the only one out here that prefers Corel Photopaint and Draw to Adobe. I've been trained on both and have both, but when it comes down to working with it, I go to Corel. I feel it's more intuitive. Am I freak? I haven't found anything in Adobe I can't do with Corel. I know they have a bad business rep right now. But I made my decision through working with them. Why do you guys think Adobe is superior?