A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: For a HipHop Store

For a HipHop Store

Here's a site I started for a friend, still needs more work and a little bit of help. Tell me what you thinks so far. www.alltheright.com

It is a bit plain and takes way too long to load. The animation is also a little choppy. The layout scheme is pretty decent.

-NIT-
    http://www.nanand78.com
    :::::::::: HTTP://WWW.NANAND78.COM ::::::::::

lookin' good. the banner on the top(with the skating guy) took a little long to load. the font in the menu is a little fuzzy... perhaps you can do something about that...?

the images of the menu-items are cool! like the shoe, the mixtable, the microphone etc.

layout

Layout is solid. Work on your animations and color schema. Alot of potential here.

will eat you alive
    Well, I didn't have any trouble with loading time myself. Although my connection is pretty fast, I suppose.

I agree with paradoxical. It's rigid enough composition-wise, but I think the colours may need a little tweaking.

Maybe it's just me, but the green (turquoise, whatever it is!)doesn't really grab me. And the blue background top right behind the dancing fella looks a little too 'primary' blue to me.

So basically, I reckon you should just go for a few subtler colours and you're onto a winner.

thanks for your comments

thanks for your comments, I can you use ur suggestions. I thought of putting that color blue on the wall because that's how the store really is in real life.Its a real store in NY . even thou I havent really worked on the animation that much, i had to take out a few words he said because i know people been having trouble seeing it. I also have a fast connection so its kind of hard testing it. but it should load a little faster now.

color scheme is dull...nice concept.....animation is choppy though, the guy's head bobs off beat and his eyes kinda drift off to the left and right for no reason and that doesnt seem natural. a few minor adjustments and it'll be hot. good sound quality on the 50 cent beat.
    Never take life too seriously. Nobody makes it out alive anyways. Film Portfolio

Looks good so far, some good comments by everyone aswell, take their advice and it should start to come together.

will eat you alive
    I also have a fast connection so its kind of hard testing it.
    Are you using the 'Show streaming' feature in 'Control > Test Movie'?

I don't actually use it very often myself as I tend to try and keep everything to vectors these days (plus I don't care about the 56kers any more! Muahahaha!). If I remember I had a couple of troubles when using a large amount of externally loaded movies.

Might have been 'cos they were referenced absolutely though.

Check it out if you haven't already though, it may help.