I have learned to use Flash basically by myself and I have this feeling that a lot of the methods I use might be innefficient or downright incorrect because it seems that I constantly have a problem with my projects coming out very choppy and/or slow and I wanted to see if anyone could answer a few simple questions for me.

First, I use a lot of movie clips. If Im doing a site, every button is a movie clip (usually same file but load different text over each one) and if it is some sort of presentation, whatever is being animated is a movie clip. Do movie clips take up a lot of space? Should I limit their use? And as far as website menus go, what is the standard way of creating them? As I said, I usually have a list of buttons created from the same mc and load different text over them and then organize all of them into "menu_mc" or something..is there a better way of creating a menu?

Second, I use onEnterFrame functions for almost every one of my animations and I get the feeling that this might cause a bit of lag...does it? If so, should I just use if/else functions to animate things? or some other function?

Third, I have learned what Arrays are--they are basically list of variables/values/whatever but I am clueless as to their application. How would I use an array in a website? or at all? What are the most common uses of them? Why are they used at all?

And that's basically it. I would appreciate anyone's help with my questions and also if you can provide me some insight on any other common errors with Flash or maybe even secrets that you've figured out as to organizing sites better or making things run smoother. Thanks!