dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash PHP/mySQL

A Senior Newbie - How Odd ForumNewbie's Avatar

Flash PHP/mySQL - UPDATED FOR NEW VERSION 4.6

Hi Folks,

I've knocked up a simple front end in 3DFA for accessing SQL databases remotely, without expensive SQL client software. It uses 1 movie, and 1 PHP script. Might be useful for folks learning how to develop Flash/server side interactions.

If this sounds useful, I'll tidy it up, stick some comments and instructions on it and whack it online. Anyone interested?

Morgan.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS HAS NOW BEEN UPDATED FOR VERSION 4.6
    Last edited by ForumNewbie; 09-03-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    Please note that my domain has changed to http://www.morganmultinational.com

Yes please,looking forward to it.

im interested!

Well Here It is Then !!

Hi Folks,

Well. I didn't clean it up quite as much as planned, but hopefully it will make sense. Here is a 3dfa front-end for simple manipulation of mySQL databases. You need a PHP server with mySQL installed for this to work:

To use this:
    Copy the HTML, SWF and PHP files from this ZIP file onto a PHP/mySQL server (All on the same path). When you open up the 'SQL Console' html page, you'll need to enter your mySQL user ID and password to get started, as well as a valid databasename from your SQL database.

Then, if you can type 'show databases' in the bottom editbox, and you get something back in the results window, it's working !

Then you can type any SQL statement in that window, and it should execute it from the flash animation, and return the results. By the same principle, if you create an SQL statement in your own movies, and use loadvariables to send it to the same PHP script, you can do anything you want with a database.

The theory with this particular movie is that you can access your SQL server anywhere on the net using this. In hindsight, it would probably have been just as easy to write it purely in PHP, but never mind.

Let me know if it works, and if you think it's useful !

Morgan.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ForumNewbie; 09-03-2006 at 03:58 PM.

Hey, cool thanks. I'll try it out tommorow. Going to bed now.

I've been pulling my hair out lately with trying to get flash to display php variables, so hopefully this will help me out...

Thanks again

I'm guessing this turned out to be less user-friendly/functional than people had hoped.

Since I was really pleased with myself when I made it, any feedback would be gratefully received !

ie.
    Did it work at all?
    Does it need a 'demo' mode to be useful?

Ta,

Morgan.

Sorry man I just haven't had a chance to look at it really yet. Be sure I will and I will provide feedback as soon as I do.

I will check it out soon as well.
    My Sites: Gaming Site Nightshade Studios MyKM Tutorials

--------------------------------------------------
    What I'm using: Gimp, Koolmoves, Sepy, HTML-Kit, Inkscape

omg i forgot about this, ill check it out right away, im sooo interested in this stuff but no one will help me cept forumnewbie but hes always busy
    BC

Hi Brent,

Check out the tutorial thread which I wrote, and I think Brett made sticky. That should talk you through the biggest part of it.

Morgan.

k will do, thanks
    BC