A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mp3, any other?

Arrow

Can I play any sound(s)/ loops using maybe mp3 or any other method besides wav??
    Thanks!

As of now, not directly in the program, Johnie can javascript be used to play mp3 I can't remember seeing it anywhere.

The wav files can be compressed in the program if that is a concern.

Brad

The load movie command can be used to play MP3. See the Kool Moves help files.

Yes, Javascript can be used to play MP3 but it would be easier to do it from the load movie command. Keep in mind that Action Scripts are a lot like Java Scripts that effect the SWF. The Action Script language is very close in syntax and structure to Javascript. Pretty much most things that can be acomplished with Action Scripts can be acomplished with Java Script.

Remember these things about Kool Moves:

1. Even though you are importing as wav you are exporting as Macromedias sound format which believe it or not is MP3.

2. Even though you are importing Jpegs, Bitmaps, Pngs, and Tiffs all raster formats are being exported as Jpegs. SWF only allows JPEG and GIF export.

3. Even though you are importing as EPS, WMF, DFX you are exporting as Macromedia's Vector format. That is why when you import an EPS or WMF it won't import quite right. The Bit maps will show as black square- the image I sent Bob was an EPS of a 3-D Bowl generated from Star Office. The Star Office 3-D engine draws vectors then fills in the vectors with Bitmap masks. If I would have vectorized the image it would have had an unordinary high number of shapes.

Load Command...

Do you mean to use the 'Load Movie' command?
    ----Me no understand----
    :-(

Yes.

See how to tip #5 in the Kool Moves help files.

Starting to understand...

OK, I made it load the mp3.., but the movie is fairly short. I saw it contiuing to download something, don't know what, but I assume it was the mp3. It never played the thing though.

Thanks......
    Slowly getting there. :-)

Super Moderator
    Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't JKR have to create a swf movie with the MP3 sound to use the load movie command?To do that, he has to have Flash or Swish.

Speaking of tools, any comments on FlaX?

OOPS! I forgot about that. Yes you will need to convert the MP3 to wav then import into Kool Moves and then convert to SWF.

Swish, Flash, PHP, Swift tools, The Macromedia SDK, ETC is needed to create a MP3 SWF without first converting to SWF.

Flax does not allow any sounds. It only does text effects.