A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button Shows As Solid Black In Projector But Ok In Flash

Hi All. I have a button which I imported as a SWF. The Button was originally created as an image in Adobe Illustrator 8.0. It was then opened in Freehand 9.0 and exported as an SWF File. I imported the SWF into Flash, made it a button and I thought all was fine. When I enable buttons in Flash it looks fine. I am not changing anything in over or down states, and just sketched the outline in the hit state. I didn't do anything different here than in any other button (and all the others are fine. Unfortunately, this button shows up as solid black in the projector file. I copied just this button to a small 6k .fla if someone could take a look and give me an idea. I would be most appreciative. Thanks.

The .fla is at http://www.huntersports.com/test.zip

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

All you need to do is break the imported image up by using the control+B keys. then click off to deselect everything and then reslect just the black box that appears. Then just trash that box and everything will be siting under it. This happend somewhere in the proccess of making it an ai to freehand to swf. Just to let you know you can import ai files straight into flash. No need for that long proccess. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.