A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: basic sound looping frustration!

basic sound looping frustration!

Hi,

I created an animated intro for a web site. It stops on the last frame waiting for someone to press the enter button and jump to the (non-Flash) HTML portion of the site.

I have a background sound loop in its own layer. Even though I set it to loop 20 times (or whatever), it doesn't loop at all. I need it to keep looping at the end of the movie which is a static screen until the visitor finally presses the enter button.

I have a stop(); in the last frame of the movie to hold it on that static frame. Is that the problem? The clip is set to stream the sound, it's set to loop. I've even tried taking out the stop(); and putting prevFrame(); on the last frame but nothing works. (%$#@%$&!!)

I know this is easy if you know what you're doing, but I don't... Please help!!

Thank you!
    Smarsh

----
    The clip is set to stream the sound, it's set to loop.
    ----
    Flash does not loop stream sounds. In order to simulate a loop with a stream sound, Flash duplicates the sound multiple times (as many as you specify in the properties window) across the timeline extending the stream. You will need to add frames to the timeline for the simulated loop to occur. However, it does not seem this will work for your situation.

You need to set the sound to event/start sync for effective looping.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!
    The start setting worked as you said and made the movie much smaller. I was really stuck so you were a BIG help.
    Smarsh