A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: view second frame of movie clip at design time

view second frame of movie clip at design time

Hi I have movieclip that contains my navigation, this has its own preloader on the first frame. When desiging this preloader is all I can see as the actual nav is on the 2nd frame. Is there a way I can view the nav whilst designing the rest of the site as it is otherwise hard to picture where I want to put everything. Basically I want to select the 2nd frame of a movie clip and then for that clip to stay on the 2nd frame when I move back to the top timeline and into other movieclips.

Hmm that was harder to explain than i'd imagined! If that makes sense to anyone, help really appreciated.

I'd just do this: go to the second frame of your pre-loading, select and copy all. Then go to your main movie. Create a new temporary layer. Paste everything onto that layer, position it, and lock it. Turn the layer with your real preloading invisible.

I'd add this to Vagabond's suggestion. Instead of saving everything to a new layer, I'd save everything as a Symbol in your library. Call it NavTemp or something. Then swap the original nav movie clip with the temporary one. Once you have your layout the way you like it, swap the temporary nav symbol with the correct one. I do this all the time.

Cheers guys, good ideas