A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: creating a flash movie online

creating a flash movie online

Can anyone give me a firection or suggestion on how to set up/program a website to use swf files as templates for user created flash movies in an online website?

I want to have a collection of flash templates (backgrounds, sounds, colors, etc.) and then take information the website visitor types in, and create a new SWF file that can be downlaoded with the pieces combined into a single swf file.

Perhaps loadmovie? You have the thing dynamically generate a swf file that has loadmovies with Smart Clips in them. Like you loadmovie menu.swf and you just specify parameters for it like Home and stuff. Hope that helps even though it is more of a logic than anything else.
    Specs: P4 3.06HT Ghz/1GB Corsair XMS PC3200 RAM/WinXP Pro/IE6.0/DSL/21"/1280x1024 32bit/256mb GeForce FX 5950 Ultra

I have not used smartclips before.

How does loadmovie generate a dynamic movie? I thought it could only load existing movies?

If I use loadmovie to generate the new SWF, how do I get it stored, etc. so it can be downloaded?

Mike

You'll need a backend of some sort, such as Perl or PHP with a SWF module such as Ming.

Try posting in the Scripting/Backend forum for more info.

Jerry