A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Break it down for me.

Break it down for me.

Lo' all, My first post here at these forums.

Anyway, could anyone break down to me just how to stream video within a flash movie?

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    "IMHO"dont worry about trying to make it compatable with quicktime ..use the flash components and create a movie in flash and call to the flv_movie..
    <>

are you trying to export an .flv file?
    if so try this ..
    open flash create a new document ..
    open library,on the top of the library click and select new video.
    no in the library you will see embeded video ..
    ok now go here> file import import to library and find your movie..
    click ok now youl see the movie being imported..select embed video,click next,select import entire video..folloow the steps to get it inot flash ..once its in flash open the library select your video right click it and select properties..new window pops up now ..give it a name and select "EXPORT" and file extention .flv..
    go out and drop the flv file into your new document folder..(the one you are creating now ..)
    ok goto the components library (control f7)and select the media playback component drag and drop it on the stage ..now in the properties(bottom of screen) select "launch component inspector"
    now select the "tab" parameters..name it the same name as your movie.give it the time lenght..url is just the name in this case to test it now ,youcan give it the url when your ready to publish it to the web ..
    ,,now go to file and save ..now publish (shift f12)
    go out to the folder on your desktop open it up and your movie should be there and playing in the "mediaplayback component "
    ..if you need more help dont hesitate to ask !i hope this helps ?!?
    happy holidays !
    cheers ..

*****edit******
    now you have your flv.. and playing it in the media play back component ..if infact this is what you wanted to do ..lol

hey thanx alot man, but my flash doesnt have the mediaplayback component is there somewhere i can download it as a plug in or something.

What if the video is in swf format is there a way i can still get it to stream?

The media components are in Flash 2004, to steam video all you need to do is make sure the video is on the main timeline, or use a conversion program like Squeeze or Flix - and load with:

Code:
    loadMovie("theUrl.swf", 1);