A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flashsite tell me what you think!

Flashsite tell me what you think!

Hey I'm still working out the kinks and things but this website is for a jewlery company in NY check it out and let me know what you think or what i could do or use to improve. Thanks!

Www.RoderickStudiosNewYork.Com
    create.

I would suggest taking the animation out of the buttons because when you click the buttons it replays the MC.

yeah i'll fix that with action script or something, thanks!
    create.

Everything looks different - the first screen you see to choose low or high version, the intro and the main site itself all look like different comapnies. Only the type logo just about holds it together but the colours differ between each one.

Don't think your strap line is too hot either - 'The way you've waited to look for centuries'. People aren't around for centuries, and if they were they wouldn't wait that long to get the 'look' they want.

Keep going....!

n/c

Very smooth work...
    One thing you should fix is the header on each of the respective pages: The edge of the flash movie cuts off the end of the word (see the screenshot)

But, well done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FYI :: DSL, IE 6, Win Me, 1280 x 1024
    Hoping for PowerBook G4
    HD|SO|BTC

Yeah i need help with that, the font of the titles that get cut off is Edwardian Script and doesn't get cut off on mine or my dads computers, but it does get cut off on other machines? that doesn't make sence to me cause the flash file should contain the fonts right? why would they change to Times new roman? And get cut off?
    create.

Don't think your strap line is too hot either - 'The way you've waited to look for centuries'. People aren't around for centuries, and if they were they wouldn't wait that long to get the 'look' they want.
    Its not my site, its not my company. I'm just doing the site with what i have to work with. So yeah it may not all be perfect but its what the client wants. But thanks for the comment.
    create.

well, i see that you've made arrangements regarding feedback you've received so far, and that's perfect!

now, i don't see much problems so far... and the site just looks good.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL