A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Claw Marks

Claw Marks

Hello all,

I'm making a flash site X-men themed and for a simple intro I wanted to have 3 claw marks slash this way /// and 3 the other\\\ cris crosing to make and X I wanted to make the slashs silvery on a black background. Searching the web and tutorials i cant find much of anything about how to make these beauties FYI I'm a photoshop newbie so keep that in mind in your explaintions

Thanks
    Thanks for your time.

Hi it should be quite simple all u need to is

1. make a silver grey background
    2. create the final scratch marks (in flash) so basically its just a black screen with the scratch marks deleted from it, so u can see the silver on the layer below
    3. basically the slash marks are now made with the silver and black layers, all u need to do is have an animated black strip move from the top of the screen to the bottom (so on frame 1 u cant see any slash marks, on eg frame 10 as the black shape is moving down the screen its revealing the slash marks.

that should work ps do it in flash not photoshop (the file size will be much smaller)

bp

Cool! I'll have to try that right away! Thanks for the reply. One thing is that i wanted the slash marks to have texture instead of being just lines kind of like a rip.

Again Thanks!
    Thanks for your time.