per hour or what?
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

yup per hour

hi emm eye

This guy sounds like a complete goof ball, but hes not the only person you will come across who will want to take advantage of your artistic talet.

It is in your best intrest to visit a solicitor/lawyer and have them draw up contracts that protect you from people trying to exploit you.

It will cost you anyhting between $200 -$1000 but its well worth the money in the long run.

i had something similar happen to me wheni was just starting out - but i was more naieve, i did all the work first and asked for payment later, needless to say there was no payment, and theres not much i could do about it either.

Hope i was helpfull

3 little munkeys jumping on the bed,
    one fell down and broke his head,
    mama range the doctor and the doctor said
    NO MOR MUNKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!

I would let this client go, inform him that your current workload and business commitments do not allow you to conduct non profitable business transaction.

A shame that designers do not have an online ressource where price gouging customers can have their "Cheap Methods/Cons" Out-ed. Still that would probably fall foul of somebody looking to sue anybody/everybody for a quick buck.

emm_eye, is he twelve years old, or does he just sound like it?

Personally, this is something I would have bailed on after getting the first letter (the first one you posted), because this guy simply doesn't sound like somebody that would, now or ever, run a successful enough business to pay me what I was worth.
    For War's a banker, flesh his gold. There by the furnace of Troy's field, Where thrust meets thrust, he sits to hold His scale, and watch the spear-point sway; And back to waiting homes he sends Slag from the ore, a little dust To drain hot tears from hearts of friends

- Aeschylus, Agamemnon

thanks guys...

as of now iam pretty busy with other projects..

and i haven't spoken to him(the client) about the project since a very long time.. we do have a chat sometimes.. but thats always off topic..

seems like he knows.. i have very little interest in it...

Ambassador of Style
    It sounds like it all worked out for you, but here are my comments anyways:

1. It sounds like you agreed beforehand to the rate of $500. No matter how much you later realise you're getting the shaft down the road - it's an agreement and you have to stick by it.

2. The guy has awful grammar for a business professional - which makes me leary to begin with. It's one thing when you shoot off IM's to friends and such, but business communication should be run through a spell-checker. Jeesh.

Originally posted by AGENT 02
    It sounds like it all worked out for you, but here are my comments anyways:

1. It sounds like you agreed beforehand to the rate of $500. No matter how much you later realise you're getting the shaft down the road - it's an agreement and you have to stick by it.

2. The guy has awful grammar for a business professional - which makes me leary to begin with. It's one thing when you shoot off IM's to friends and such, but business communication should be run through a spell-checker. Jeesh.
    Mr. Ben Rogers, where have you been, sir?! We've missed you around here! Good to hear from you.