A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Portfolio Site Review

Buck Fush

Portfolio Site Review

I've completed work on my own design site. I'm currently in school, and I put together this site for the purpose of showcasing some work, and hopefully drumming up some freelance business.

I'm planning on revamping the portfolio section, as I know its the most important section-and I've decided to have it showcase a few choice projects, rather than simply showing quantity. I have a print portfolio with more complete work. I invite suggestions/comments on that too, please.

Thanks for taking the time.

harrison design
    "Litter is my most treacherous foe. I would like to eat its children."
    -Drederick Tatum

very nicely done.

Graphics are simple and content is well thought off...
    I do get an error or 2 in the beginning of the site, it's not really bothering, but you might want to get it off the tracks if you have some spare time on your hands

(windows runtime error, so you might have missed something in the HTML code...)

well hm... long times not too bad on my cable connection...
    not that laggy on rollover...
    simple, easy to understand... nice big buttons for those with poor eyesight...
    not TOO annoying bg music...
    nice site.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

man, how big is the movie? i was about to quit it alreay..

main image is in bad quality... this done on purpose?
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

The font is rather blurry on my 17" lcd. It's not too bad though. The frame rate needs to be increased in order to smooth out the effects. The blurred backgrounds for the news page and the contact page don't seem to fit. The screenshots for the portfolio seem rather pixelated. Blur them a little bit to smooth them out.

Overall good work on the site.
    Regards,
    venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

i could be wrong, but it looks to me like the error you get is because in your body onLoad tag, you call the function MM_checkPlugin, but you never declared that function in the head of your html document. you have to have a script tag and declare the function or else the browser won't know what to do.
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.heathercash.com

i must say i think the website is beautiful. the blurry background pictures are nice - some people that are not photographers may not understand, but i think it gives character to the photograph. don't listen to them.

the screenshots do look kind of weird though - did you by any chance resize them in Flash? if so, that could be the reason why they look so weird, AND the reason for the file taking so long to load. if you have huge images in your library, even if you resized them in the document, it still makes the flash file just as huge. so if you did resize them in flash, go back and resize them in photoshop and that will make a huge difference in the size of the flash file and also the quality of the images.

besides that, i think the site is beautful! so well designed and so cute!

heather
    ---------------------------------
    http://www.heathercash.com