A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: embeded font questions?

embeded font questions?

Hi there,

it's the first time I want to go for a pixel font.problem is the following:

Do you have to set the textfile to dynamic to embed the font?When I set to dynamic you can select the text and copy it what i don't want.

So is there another way to make sure the visitor can see the font and can't select the text with there cursor and copy it?

Like to know a liddle more about the different text settings in flash.Also I found a .fla file and in the library I saw a A icon that holds a font.What is this ?What tdoes it hold and how create such icon.

hope to get feedback on this

Grtz,

In theProperty Panel you can choose if the text should be selectable or not.
    In static textfields the font outlines are inluded automatically.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Hi Pello,

So if I make a static textfield wathever font I use people whill see it also in cases they don't have that font on there system.i don't have to trace it or make it a dynamic textbox?

The option Autokern what does this stand for?

In theProperty Panel you can choose if the text should be selectable or not.?
    Didn't find that or did you mean add all characters(then your textfield must be dynamic).

there's a way to have your pixelfonts still crisp when you scale them when rollover.I know most or all pixelfonts are related to there size(like 8 pt) but is there a way?I had verdana therefore but it looks kinda blurry, the pixelfont reads very good.

Hope to get some last feedback on this

Grtz,

Selectable>Its the button with the Ab symbol next to the Render text As HTML button ( in the Property Panel ).

All kinds of textfields can be made selectable.

Fonts are embedded in static textfields automatically. Everyone will see your selected font.

To keep a pixelfont from blurryness you have to resize it to multiplesof its original size. ( 8 16 32 and so on ).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com