A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Basic Actions not showing

Basic Actions not showing

Basic Actions isn't showing in the actions list. I did the button tutorial and it appears there but for my buttons it does not. Have I created the button wrong? I have all states working. I want the HIT state to launch an external file - index.html. Would this work the same as launching a URL?

u can't apply actions to a button symbol when u'r editing it. u apply the actions to the button symbol that's on the stage. the action u would apply would look something like this.

on (release) {
    getURL("index.html", "_blank");
    }

hope that helps,
    sean

I've created the button...and brought the instance of that button into the scene. When I publish the exe file I get the following message...

-------
    Scene=Scene 1, Layer=launch button, Frame=1: Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
    on (release) {
    -------

I only have one frame.

blank exe

Another problem I just encountered...I have the application I made automatically loading when the cd is inserted but it shows blank. I think I've seen a post regarding this problem.

Scene=Scene 1, Layer=launch button, Frame=1: Line 1: Mouse events are permitted only for button instances
    on (release) {
    this is because the action is placed on frame one. it should be placed on the button instance.

here's some tuts (recomended by oldnewbie) for auto running an exe. haven't played around with it much.

http://www.phdcc.com/shellrun/autorun.htm
    http://usuarios.lycos.es/didinomade/...BurningFAQ.htm

sean

Thanks....I'll check out those tutorials. Yes, I've corrected that problem having the action tied to the frame. The error went away once the action once placed on the button. Learning here.