A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: feedback please

feedback please

Hey everyone. I just started working with flash photoshop a few weeks ago and wanted to help my church out with a site. So far I just have the main part up with the intro. The links dont work or anything yet and I'm not a web designer and I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on the overall layout, color use of the site and motion of the intro. Also, any other suggestions on how to make the site look more rustic and go along with the theme of wood and a road. The colors they want are purple, black, orange, green and yellow. I was going to show my assistant pastor tomorrow so I could use any tips tonight to discuss with him tomorrow. Thanks.

Heres the site:
    http://www.freewebs.com/alphag/inroadsSite/index.html

i like the layout ..
    but the colour scheme's gotta go .. green/purple

thanks for the feedback. lol yeah green and purple wouldn't be my choices but I want to kind of stick to what they told me. I'm thinking maybe Ill put more black in instead or something.. i don't know. Thanks again.

Hi.....
    need to work on color scheme, try to limit number of color and texture.
    there are too many type faces, and links need to have more contrast background.

thanks, that helped a lot. I really do need to take some web design classes or something lol. I redid what I could tonight. I think it's a lot easier on the eyes with a only couple main colors. the new flash obejct is posted on the same page as the other one, but above it now.

This site does not seem very fitting for a religious organization to me. It seems more like a...,well I don't know what it seems like. Just a very strange concept for a church. But, if they like it, that is important. I did a church site once:
    Zion Union Church
    Very different concepts, as you can see.

As for the site itself, the animations seemed to load slow so you might want to speed them up. The text is pretty difficult to read in several areas. I would look into some different fonts. I could barely read where it says InRoads schedule and InRoads- A place to meet

The coffee seems more like it is smoking than steaming. (minor thing)

All the colors still do not go together. There are too many shades and contrasts. Check out these two sites. Very useful.
    Using color

Web color combos
    If more people used sites like this, their sites would be much nicer to view.
    I am sorry that I could not find anything to like about this site. All the above is my opinion only, take it as such and do with it as you please.
    Kerry

A pessimist complains about the wind;
    an optimist expects the wind to change;
    a leader adjusts his sails.

(anonymous)
    info@bizmoxsystems.com
    http://www.bizmox-systems.com

thats okay, thanks for the feedback. I can use any honest criticism. As for the church thing, it's not a conventional church so they wanted something different. The inside of the church is painted purple, orange, black and green lol. It's supposed to be kind of like a kick back coffee house place. Well, thanks again and I'll keep workin with it.

the text "connecting" and "loading" can be selected. remove that ability from the textfields.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

Still kisses with saliva save_larry's Avatar
    an empowered & informed member of society
    Too much going on for my taste. The page takes forever to get into place and there's no focal point. Plus, the graphics are pretty fuzzy, especially that little logo that spins on.

As far as the color scheme, I'd say you're the expert, you got hired to make it look good, so you have lots of say in the color scheme. Take a bit more initiative and be ready to explain why your decisions were the right ones.