A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Not KoolMoves But!!!

Not KoolMoves But!!!

How Do You Make a TumbNail of atemplate you made with koolmoves?
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

Start your template> press Alt-PrtScr > open a bitmap editor > paste as new image > cut out the area you need > adjust the seize to the format you need > voila thumbnail!
    BTW Happy New Year to you all!!

where while your in kool moves?
    ~~Drew~~
    New Tutorial Site Coming
    Soon
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/show....php?p=4118485

File > Export Movie > As Frame Captures > choose BMP, JPG or PNG and adjust the result.
    Though, personally I think the first method gives a better result.

Here is what I do.....

I create my template and save it. Then I go to the frame1 (or whichever frame that I want to convert into a Thumbnail) and click Movie > Movie Width/Height and resize the frame to the size of the thumbnail that I want (for example: 100x150), then I click Shapes > Select All to select all shapes on that frame and resize the shapes to fit within the smaller frame. Then I use a screen capture tool (I use Gadwin Printscreen - freeware)to take a snapshot of the resized frame (example: only the 100x150 area) and save the capture as a .jpg, .gif, whatever. Then I close Kool Moves. (When Kool Moves asks if I want to save changes, I choose NO, this closes it without making changes to your original template.)

By resizing the vector images in Kool Moves first - then taking the snapshot, you retain better image clarity for your thumbnail. If you were to take a full screenshot, then resize the image afterward, you would be left with a less than clear image.

You loose some quality, but while scaling your template containing mc's changing the size of mc's will give remarkable results which absolutely don't look like the original.
    I.e scale a mc with a bitmapfill, or in an mc enclosed buttons. Also: for instance, draw a circle. It never looks so crisp in Koolmoves than it does in the Flashplayer.
    Maybe the best way is play your swf in the Flashplayer, scale the flashplayer's window so that it matches the thumbnail and than take the screenshot.
    Last edited by henkvg; 01-01-2004 at 01:05 PM.