A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: External .swf questions.

actually it's a good thing it's online because it certaintly doesn't preload at all, everything streams in and do you know how I can use the loadmovie in the main scenes timeline? Because an attached movie doesn't play on the timeline if there is a stop command at the end of the timeline. Ahhhh!!!

The loadMovie should work fine, there is nothing wrong with the code. ( The stop action inside the empty movieclip is of no use though, as everything inside the movieclip is replaced by the external swf).
    You dont use any attached movies. The timeline of the external swf should be totally independent of the main timeline.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

putting a gotoandplay on the 2nd frame doesnt work...it does allow loading to take place but you don't see the preloading movie.

any ideas? I'm trying things but nothing is working.

and the loadmovie action certaintly isn't loading independent of the timeline...it's not loading at all in fact.

This is actually what I said:
    The timeline of the external swf should be totally independent of the main timeline.
    ( I have to add, unless you change scenes )

You have to rearrange your timeline to keep your animations when it is preloading. For instance put all animations in one movieclip and have that on the first frame.

I guess you can also move the preloader to the almost last frame (34) of first scene ( as the first graphics are so small they will probably stream ) and on the last frame (35) the action to go back to the preloadframe ( 34, that can have this..

ifFrameLoaded ("main", 10) {
    gotoAndPlay("main", 1);
    }

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog

alright, I fixed quite a bit and have everything working...except when the external movie loads, even when I move the target blank movieclip, loads in the same spot...it's underneath a block to so it's half hidden, however this is almost impossible I thought since I'm using a target and the blank movieclip is on the top layer.

Yes its strange as it works great here, changing layers and position.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog

no go to www.jtfilms.com/flashindex3.htm and watch the music toggle movie load in the upper right hand corner...it shouldn't be there and won't move either.

I must say I like the design you have. Its going to be a great looking site.

The upper left corner of the external swf will position where you have put the empty mc. So you have to calculate with that.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog

Thanks....I think I got most of the quirks out now...still working on it though...thanks for all the help.