A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: http://www.fourtenmedia.com

http://www.fourtenmedia.com

can i get a site check?

http://www.fourtenmedia.com

i would like all critique but also feelings on the splash page and html background of the page that contains the flash site. Also, the flash page loads random backgrounds. if any look bad, please tell me

The dragable section is very small and hard to find, why not make the whole line.
    Once I had opened all the 5 items and closed them all, the menu sliders on the bottom right stopped working (well - the media slider still worked, but thats all).
    I find that if I have too much control over too many boxes I just make a mess, I prefer to have boxes come up in a sensible design for me automatically.

MyPrecious is right. Once you view all the boxes, the menu stops working completely. You have to get that fixed. I found the text to be very difficult to read. Content was handled nicely for the site subject. You did a great job on the compressing the videos. They loaded really smoothly on my system and played great.
    Other than the menu issue and the text, I do not see much that needs to be fixed. Good job
    Kerry

A pessimist complains about the wind;
    an optimist expects the wind to change;
    a leader adjusts his sails.

(anonymous)
    info@bizmoxsystems.com
    http://www.bizmox-systems.com

yeah. i know about the buttons in the bottom right not working. i really makes no sense why but ive been trying to fix it.

What about the text that you dont like? too small?

this style is so...
    wait is this the same site...
    there so many almost like it...
    seems a bit cleaner than the other ones...
    not big on huge pixel fonts.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

Overall Rating: 6

The introduction to your site looked very visually appealing to the eye. The bar code image with the text put a point of focus onto your site. Although this may look good you it may not necessarily be good for the search engine ranking unless you have used the correct Meta names.

I like the images in the background. This is a very affective way of getting the point over about professional photography. Maybe you could give an option at the main menu for users to change the background image with a given selection.

Dragging the box around the screen may be fun for some user but overall it may be seen as annoying and pointless to have this function in place. The fonts also seem very small which can cause problems for elderly viewers or people with eye problems. I suggest you increase the font size by at least 2.

The computer I am using is at 800 x 600 and does not go well with the size of your web site. I have to use that horizontal scrollbar to view the entire site in one spot. Maybe consider just slightly narrowing the page size down to fit in with smaller monitor resolutions.

Keep up the good work

Kevin M.
    Ideal Web Hosting
    Last edited by WebWizUK; 01-06-2004 at 05:51 AM.

Unique name, but not such a unique site...
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Ultima Designs,
    Im not too impressed by your work but at least i dont go around trashing other peoples sites with no critique or any type of sugestion. i thought the idea of the site check section was to get feedback, not just be rude for no reason.

Originally posted by Dricciotti
    Ultima Designs,
    Im not too impressed by your work but at least i dont go around trashing other peoples sites with no critique or any type of sugestion. i thought the idea of the site check section was to get feedback, not just be rude for no reason.
    Don't spin my words please. I didn't by any means intend to be rude, but there was no specific feedback to offer, rather a more general statement. I certainly provided feedback by stating your website seemed unoriginal to me, but I did not by any means attempt to be rude.

I really don't care if you're impressed by my work - our clients generally select us for our advanced programming skills that aren't as common in the design market, our friendly staff, and our pricing, not because we are a top-of-the-line quality studio.

Never did I say if your work was bad or not, but perhaps if I clarify what I meant, it'll be more appropriate to you:

You have a very cool, original name, but the feeling I got from the website was not as original and concordantly did not match my expectations.

I apologize if I've offended you, but what I said was in no way meant to be bitter, and your response was unwarranted.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

all i am saying is people like you who act like that theyre these great web designers by criticizing others sites isnt needed on flashKit.

im not gonna get into a pissing contest with you either. so stop replying

Originally posted by Dricciotti
    all i am saying is people like you who act like that theyre these great web designers by criticizing others sites isnt needed on flashKit.
    Like you, I'm a senior member - which, prior to the administrators and moderators, is well respected here. I'm well aware of the rules of this forum, and particularly of site check.

I don't belive by any means that I am a "great" designer - every day I'm wowed at how great many websites are so awesome, and how much they beat even our entire staffs' skills combined. You could even be one of those designers. I don't know, and I have yet to pass judgement on whether you are a "great" designer or not.

All that I stated was that while you have a very original name, your website doesn't strike me as original. If you don't want your website critiqued or criticized, don't post it here - I know that when I posted my website, I took some harsh criticisms, but it made me think about my site and my design, which I don't see as a bad thing.

My post wasn't ill-intended - I believe I have clarified that multiple times here.

Totally agree ultima. Except for that whole senior member part.
    I don't believe in the seniority of things.
    But yeah...
    Come on, if people are trying to help, it usually does some good to listen.
    I'm not passing judgement or anything but if the bush administration did that we'd be better off. =)
    So don't take anything personal, as noone here is throwing out attacks or anything. That goes for anyone.
    Have a wonderful day!
    http://www.gpathmedia.com!

if people are trying to help, it usually does some good to listen.
    I agree. but what i am saying is that i have run across a lot of people like ultima and these people dont really help. saying something isnt original dosent do any good to making it better now does it?

Also, can we get back to why this forum was created and actually get some advise about the site?
    Last edited by Dricciotti; 01-09-2004 at 07:42 PM.

hmmm...there seems to be a little anger in the air.

all i can say is that ultima, please dont just post "un-origional". please explain why you think it is unorigional and maybe how he could improve it to make it more fresh.

and dricciotti, when entering any industry, especially creative and competitive ones, you have to learn to relax and take everything with a pinch of salt. other wise there's no way you'll survive the 'no-mercy' audiences, and other designers competing against you.
    (btw, take what i said with a pinch of salt too, i'm just a newb, so i could be wrong )

i think your site is nice, and seems quite origional to me. as in, i havent seen anything with the same ideas before.

everyone please relax and play nice

A lil somethin

Hi There!
    Well mate about the site.Its cool and every thing .But something just something seems to be missing.
    Well i think if you add some Bg effects or even a title bar It would be really nice.It looks more like a menu system then a complete site.
    Well the rest.I mean the things youve done are simply cool.Beautifull harmony of colours and speed.Its really nice.
    Thanks Mate for your consideration.
    regards!
    DeGothicAngel
    'Strange it may seem , but my life is based on a true story '

a) what do you sugest by background effects?
    b) by a title bar, do you think maybe something with the name of the site or more contents than that on it?

By background effects I mean you can make some faddd text in the BG or some lines or dots or something constantly randomly moving.Feels good to the eyes.
    And by title bar ya well thats what Im sayin.You can get a nice company logo on the top animated if you want or something like that to go with it
    regards!
    DeGothicAngel
    'Strange it may seem , but my life is based on a true story '

I'm sure you've noticed, but the font in the "US" section is a little too small. Other than that I like it.

I would even add some mellow sounds to the buttons, on rollover and/or click. Nothing too fancy, just something soft.

any ideas on where to find sounds for the buttons?

i've never been a big fan of sites with music in the background but on the buttons might be a nice addition.