A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: help with animation

help with animation

I would like some help please . I'm a flash newbie and was wondering if anyone could help me create something similar to the animation shown here: (The bee effect)

http://www.centralpublishing.co.uk

Its really neat and I would like to know how to go about doing it for myself.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated . Thank you

Emmanuel

This is really just a nicely put together set of various motion and sizing tweens. These can be accomplished various ways, frame by frame, which would be very tedious, or simply creating the tweens through your flash tool or doing it all in actionscript. There is quite a bit of info on how to do these kind of tweens in both the flash tool or flashkit site here. If you are new to flash and don't really know actionscript, you probably want to start with just using the flashtool to create the sizing & motion tweens. If you want to see some of the specifics of this particular animation in the url you posted, download the swf, import it into flash and look at various frames. You can get a good idea then of how they did each part of the animation and experiment with your own objects and tweens. Hope this helps a bit!

Thanks Sheltercove, I have tried some of the suggestions you made but I am stuck! I can't get the background movements to change directions. I would appreciate it if anyone can look into the way the site I fore-mentioned works and help me get a headstart. Thanks in advance.