A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: awkward load movies

Neither the preloader in Dreamweaver nor the one you made in Flash will cache dopage.swf since that function is not called until you press on the button. What you need to do is not use the load movie function but instead make dopage.swf into a MC in your main movie and load it all together. You might want to make a dummy preloading frame for your MC where it is on stage but not visible in your main movie.

I believe I've read a tutorial on this in Flashkit, you might want to dig around and see if you can find it.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

You can load the swf into there proper levels at the begining of the movie in a single keyframe and this will cache them in the proper places and waiting for you to call them with the click of the button. I used this method extensively on this site www.dt.navy.mil you dont need to make it a movie clip on the stage. That is an unnessary step. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Talking

Hey another lesson learned, thanks Pope de Flash

This may be a dumb question but.
    how do I make them load into the cache without having them load overtop of the origional movie?

Question

My movies seem to load a little awkwardly on the net. I have them all preload in Dreamweaver and I have a Preloader on the main movie. But when you tell the buttons to load a new movie into the location they aer all choppy.
    Here is the the code for the what we do button:

On (Release)
    Go to and Play (Scene 3, 1)
    Load Movie ("dopage.swf", 1)
    End On

The site is at: www.aerosolmedia.com

Should I have a preloader on all of my movies this will ruin my effect)?
    I welcome any feedback and suggestions.

Thank you.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Wink

Just put a stop action in the first frame of the movie that will be loaded and ensure that that frame is blank. What you cant see you cant see. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.