A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How do you import an SWF file into Director MX?

How do you import an SWF file into Director MX?

Hi,

I created 2 projects entirely in Swish, its a program thats like flash. 1 file in Swish2 the other in SwishMax. Ive converted the files to SWF format in Swish & would like to know if any of the board members would know how to import an SWF file into Director MX or have any Director expierce (Im using Director 9). Im going to be creating a multimedia CD projector thats cross compatible, and also add a few other bells and whistles (basically finishing off the CD), & Im wondering if director will distort the Swish SWF file & also if you could also point me to any tutorials that would help me accomplish this, I'd appreciate it.

Thank you

PS: please forgive me, I think this is the right forumn if it isnt could you please direct me to the proper place.

all you do is open director mx, go to file/import double click the swf file, press ok, then drag the file from your libery onto the stage

thats it
    FlashX

why even go to director?
    you can still just burn the .swf files onto
    the cd, with autorun and external linking,
    or whateverelse you need.
    most of the interactive cds i've created have
    actually been much easier to create
    in flash, opposed to director.

Hi Frankie2004, thanks for reply. I tried that but unfortunately when I play the CD it works perfectly, but when you exit it a little popup screen says flash.ocx error. I know it doesnt sound like a major issue but I think that little pop up screen looks unprofessional & annoying