A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: slideshow

slideshow

I have a sort of a slideshow that is an applet and am wondering how I can get the same effect with flash.
    I tried doing it with tweening and it works but I get a blank point when it goes back to the first frame of the movie and I dont want that..
    the original applet is at...
    http://student.santarosa.edu/~twall1/eye/

Don't go back to the first frame.

gotAndPlay(10) or someplace in the time line where you want the movie to loop.

www.tobymack.com
    www.e4net.com
    Best regards
    Toby Mack

For the best and funniest Audio Blog on the Internet come visit:

http://feeds.feedburner.com/Fla****UpBlog

can I send you the fla... so you can tell me what I have done wrong... no matter what frame I go to... it blinks and I want it to have a smooth transition

I have each image tween on different layers, could that be the problem ?

attaching the fla... can someone tell me what I have done wrong ?
    I want it to replay over and over ...but want it to be a smooth transition.
    Attached Files Attached Files

index_slide.fla

I blended the first slide partway with the end of the last slide and then just let it repeat like it wants too.
    "It may well be doubted whether human ingenuity can construct an enigma... which human ingenuity may not, by proper application, resolve."

Thankyou sooooo very much...
    I am using dreamweaver,,, and when I tried to put it into the index page in place of the applet, it doesnt show up... can you help with this or do I need to find a dreamweaver forum

this is what I usually do .... make sure that the .swf file is in the same directory as the html page when you publish the .fla make sure you publish it to .swf and html then open the html page in dreamweaver copy the <object code till where it closes and paste it into the index page.
    "It may well be doubted whether human ingenuity can construct an enigma... which human ingenuity may not, by proper application, resolve."

Is there anyway to do this same thing with calling jpgs... so that the client can just upload new images named the same and it would automatically do this with the new images ?

This is a slide show applet I use for a Realtor...

<applet CODE="imagefader.class" WIDTH="320" HEIGHT="240" codebase="">
    <param name="demicron" value="www.demicron.se">
    <param name="reg" value="A00012">
    <param name="maxitems" value="2">
    <param name="width" value="320">
    <param name="height" value="240">
    <param name="bitmap0" value="slide.jpg">
    <param name="bitmap1" value="slide1.jpg">
    <param name="url1" value=" ">
    <param name="url2" value=" ">
    <param name="step" value="0.05">
    <param name="delay" value="20">
    <param name="sleeptime" value="4000">
    Your browser does'nt support java....
    </applet>

right click HERE and choose save as to save the applet.

MAKE SURE the applet is in the same file directory as the page with the code.....

is there anyway I can make a flash movie that has the same transitions between images... but by using jpgs so the jpgs could be replaced with new images with the same file name so the slideshow would automatically update to the new images when they were uploaded to the site ?

Originally posted by 2peachy
    is there anyway I can make a flash movie that has the same transitions between images... but by using jpgs so the jpgs could be replaced with new images with the same file name so the slideshow would automatically update to the new images when they were uploaded to the site ?
    If you use an empty movie clip that loads all your images from an external folder on your web server it can work. Do all your transitions between your empty movieclips and whatever file it calls out to be loaded will be the one that shows up. When you want to change the image, just name it the same as the old one and replace the old jpg file with it in the same location...

hmmm... I have never done an empty movie clip before... but will give it a try... thankyou so much for your help.

2peachy-
    Here's some code and instruction for you. I apologize for the oversimplification as I don't know your level of Flash expertise. WHat you need to do is on your root level, draw a black box and convert it to a movieClip and name it what you want - for the sake of explanation, we will call it pictureMC - be sure to name the instance "pictureMC". Now double click PictureMC and delete the black box once you're in pictureMC's timeline. Back out to the root timeline and move pictureMC (which is now empty and displayed as a small white circle with a cross in the middle) to the upper left hand corner of the box in which you want it to display.

The next thing you need to do is open a new flash file the same size as your image that you want to display, name it and save it to wherever you want the flash movie to call out to it. Import the image, center it, and hit ctrl-enter to test the movie - this will create a swf in the folder where the fla file is saved. Be sure to go and name the swf file (especially if you're doing multiple pictures).

here's the script to load your picture movie into the empty movieClip.
    _root.pictureMC.loadMovie("picture.swf", _root.pictureMC);

pictureMC is your blank movieClip

picture.swf is the swf movie file you saved that gets loaded into the black movieClip.

Hope this helps
    t

yes... looks like it will help....
    can I contact you if I run into problems ?

Not a problem. Just reply to this post and I'll get an email notification. I'm happy to help.