A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [your links] full screen flash gaming

[your links] full screen flash gaming

Hi!

I've uploaded FFSB (which is in beta testing) packed with a list of links from Flashkit members Game AWARDS poll.
    What do you think of it? I'm sure you will love it

Here is a direct link:
    http://www.rezet.com/download.php?id=FKscdemo&tp=1
    Project page with some description: Flasher's Full-Screen Browser

Please give some feedback in case of any bugs, also.

Salut!

2KHeroes / Sylvaniah designer luxregina's Avatar
    I actually tested it on 2K : it is quite amazing as i didn't see any slowdown when i was expecting it !
    The only problem is that it highlights some tile placement problems ( in full screen, they do not loop as well as they do in windowed mode ) but that's nothing to do with your prog.

I think you should parameter ESCAPE to leave the browser, as a lot of people might not think of ALT+F4 to quit

Nice job, though !

PS - you live in Paris ? funny : i live in Paris, too - 3rd arrondissement ...

Hi!

I think it will not be common to use Escape to exit browser (may be someone will prefer it to exit menu or something else).
    If someone want to use Escape in such case, he can hook this key to "exit" command with javascript or Actionscript.
    I think it will be probably useful to make a shortcut to give the possibility to go back and forward within browser history (Ctrl-Alt-Left/Ctrl-Alt-Right).

Any other proposals for improvement of FFSB?

PS:
    2 luxregina - i'm at work in 11th [beer]

Ihoss
    agree with lux. there whould be a clode button. and most of the websites dont fit in the window, like the telescope game website. u could have a toolbar or something where u could choose close and go to web site (in IE/Netscape/whatever). but its a nice idea

Hi! Thank for replies!

The thing is, that I want to keep it simple. It is not a full functioning browser and it is targeted for Flash game developers, who want to give their audience the ability to play in full-screen mode without a lost in performance, and people, who want to have their collection of online games to play full-screen, also.

So, the question is - what are the most required functionality which should be realised in such "gamer's browser"?

Right now I see only 3 features of a such kind:

- History Back;
    - Address Bar;
    - Favorites;

What else?

2 Ihoss - games fit in browser exactly in the way they were designed. In several cases (in Flash Kit Games Pack) I used links to SWFs, in others to html pages. Individual developers can format their HTML (if they like to ) in a way to reach the best appearance in FFSB.

Salut!