A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fade out in swish.

Fade out in swish.

Hi! Please, it is possible to apply a fade out effect in a looped wave?. What I mean is that I need to fade out a jingle after it looped for several times.

Thank you.

Cristian (Pubbliman)

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    you can fade out gradually over the whole set of loops, or (with Max) you can fade out only the last repitition.
    Roger Onslow - SWiSHmax: its here!

"you can fade out gradually over the whole set of loops"
    Thank you, Roger... but what I have to do? Where I can set this effect? If I choose "Sound Effect --> Fade Out", every single jingle of my loop will be faded. I'd like the whole loop fades out.

It is possible in Swish 2? I still haven't learn using swish max :|

Thank you again, Cristian.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    fade out will gradually fade over the entire duration of all the loops. So full volume at start of first loop fading down to zero volume by the end of last loop.

In SWiSHmax there is also an option to fade in the first loop only and another to fade out the last loop only
    Roger Onslow - SWiSHmax: its here!

Originally posted by roger_onslow
    you can fade out gradually over the whole set of loops, or (with Max) you can fade out only the last repitition.
    Hi there,sorry Roger,with Max I know you can flag the option fade out on the last loop and on the first.For first I have no problem because it started fading in,but suppose,you decide to have 100 repetition on the loop (due to the fact you do not know how many times the music loop takes place),and the duration of the whole set is 36 repetition (but you do not know),how have I to procede in order to fade out the last repetiton (36) if I settled 100 repetition? Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

allenby.

Thank you Roger. You have been very helpful.

My loop fades out after 5 times. Very good, thank you again!

Cristian (Pubbliman)

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Originally posted by allenby
    Hi there,sorry Roger,with Max I know you can flag the option fade out on the last loop and on the first.For first I have no problem because it started fading in,but suppose,you decide to have 100 repetition on the loop (due to the fact you do not know how many times the music loop takes place),and the duration of the whole set is 36 repetition (but you do not know),how have I to procede in order to fade out the last repetiton (36) if I settled 100 repetition? Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

allenby.
    Hi Allenby,
    I am a little confused by your question....

In SWiSHmax, if you import a sound and want it to loop, you open the 'Sound Effects' option and specify how many times you want the sound to play...it will play from start to finish as many times as you specify.

If you want it to fade in on the first loop, there is a checkbox to choose that...same for fading out the sound on the last loop.
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Hi David,

thanks for your reply,I know very well,that in the sound effect,I have the opportunity to set how many times the music have to loop as well as the checkbox for first and last loop fade effect. I use it very well.But my question was an other (may be I made some mistake and above all,my english is poorly),I have a movie containing three scenes,one loop sound for all,the movie has a frame rate of 4 f/sec. and it is quite long....so I do not know exactly how many times the sound loop has to be settled (10 times? 40 times? 100?) We saying for comodity to set at 100 times,well, in the reality 56 would be exactly the last,but as I wrote in the previous thread,you do not know.Flagging the checkbox "fade in first loop",it works properly for the first loop,provide it is the first frame and sound in the movie,but for last loop,since I have settled 100,instead the last in my movie is the 56th,in my case, the sound stop suddenly at the last frame without fade out effect. I think is due to a fact that last it's mean 100th not 56th. I read again what I wrote,and I know It is not easy to understand what I want to say,I write very bad for english people.I hope you will be in a position to understand the meaning of this thread.
    Chears.
    allenby.

Hi again,

anybody reply,I guess you do not understand my explanation (I even used the word comodity instead of convenience :-)) or I make some error in my script or I don't know.
    My problem stand,at the moment I have accepted to a sudden stop of the sound without fade effect on the last frame of my movie.Here below,I attach an .swi file,it is not the original, compound by more scenes (4),but the problem is the same.This is the final scene (I've cutted pictures and other),at the last frame script stop all (sound,text effect,etc.)in the original movie,at this point,the scenes return to the main page where there is wrote on a black background "Play?" So, sound would play for 1200 frames more or less.
    As you can see,I do not manage to get fade out effect on the last sound loop writing 100 repetition.Should I divide the whole movie frame duration per single loop duration? On the imported sound properties I get 7.6 sec,30.4 frames (say,1200 /30.4 = number of loop to use?)

Apologizing again for my english and awaiting your help......

Cheers.
    allenby
    P.S.: File swi is too big (1.3 Mega).wav file is the problem I will attach the same,without music.
    Attached Files Attached Files