A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LOGIN ISSUES: please read for the fix

Civilian

Login issues

If you are having login issues, please try this before posting:

1) Log out of the board
    2) Go to http://www.flashkit.com/index.shtml (so that you aren't on a PHP page)
    3) clear your cookies, or at least all of them from this domain
    4) go to http://www.flashkit.com/board and log back in

This has fixed the issue 90% of the time. The second most common problem is forgetting to click the link in the confirmation email when you change your email address.

If this doesn't fix the problem, please post in this thread, so that we can keep the data ini one place.

Bringing this up from my previous thread ...

Still happening. I did as you instructed bt couldn't find anywhere to log in on the page you linked, so I went right to sound loops. Picked one, clicked "Add to my FK" and was directed to a login screen. I logged in, then was redirected to the forums. Went BACK to loops and picked one again, tried to add it, and got the message below. At the left where it shows how many items you have stored, everything was 0.

Hi krishallpolo
    This is your myFK homepage. This section allows you to save the movies, links, tutorials, games, fonts, text FX and more into a single area for you to access whenever you like! Flash Kit is getting bigger every day, so we hope you will find this a powerful new way to organise the content you like, your way!

Choose one of your favourite lists from the left, from that page you can either jump direct to your favourite links, or edit your favourites list! Easy!!

You can also edit your profile from here as well, click the button below...

Okay thanks for the info. I thought I had cleared the cookies before my last post in that other thread, but I guess not.

So I can post again with IE. Cheers.

Civilian

Re: Bringing this up from my previous thread ...

Originally posted by krishallpolo
    Still happening. I did as you instructed bt couldn't find anywhere to log in on the page you linked, so I went right to sound loops. Picked one, clicked "Add to my FK" and was directed to a login screen. I logged in, then was redirected to the forums. Went BACK to loops and picked one again, tried to add it, and got the message below. At the left where it shows how many items you have stored, everything was 0.
    Sorry, I've edited the instructions.

I think the script forgets the ID when you have to log in via that section. I'll fix it ASAP. For now, as long as you are logged in (via the board login or other) it should still save your fav.

hey!

i still have the same problems
    when i log in, i get 'thank you 4 logging in...' and i am redirected to the lof in screen
    the solution doesn't seem to work for me :s how come?

greetz

Xaero182

Civilian
    X, your account appears to be fine. Have you tried clearing your cookies, cache and maybe trying another machine to make sure it's on our end? There's nothing I can really test other than making sure your account is ok.

Help, I cannot post messages from my good ol` account dafreq, view my PM´s or send messages or emails to other users, I get this message -

You do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    You do not have permission to access the page that you were trying to. Are you trying to edit someone else's post or trying to access administrative features? Check that you are allowed to perform this action in the Forum Rules.
    If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Did I get disabled? why?

Civilian
    You need to activate your account. Please click the link on the activation email -- I just resent it.

great! love you starkey and flashkit

:(((

Okay, I've followed your instructions step by step, but nothing really changed .. It said (Thanks for logging in vont) but I still can't find my name with the online users and now I can't login to my (vont_tmp) account too, all I want is my old account (vont) .. please help me plz
    Last edited by vont_tmp2; 01-22-2004 at 07:08 PM.

Dear admin:

i just read this sticky about the cookie reset/php hocuspocus AFTER i spent an hour figuring it out for myself. Good that you have it. Bad that i didnt read it first...

fwiw my account was "disabled" after i tried to post a "review movie" feedback on a movie i downloaded. flashkit accepted the comment, and everything else worked fine b4 that. after that post, i could not reply or post or login. not knowing what to do, i reset my password. eventually figured out that it was a php problem so i cleared the cookies and went into flashkit via www.flashkit.com (normally i navigagte with the php links on my browser history panel). everything worked great.

just for s+g's, i tried to leave another "review movie" comment on another movie and-- viola! i got the account disabled thing again. so i did the clear cookie hocuspocus again.

the problem seems to be in the "review movie". maybe you should disable that feature? hope that helps..

thanks for all that great stuff here. I love this site!

brint

Please help
    Tmp. vont

Banned

This is Virgo (of course)

I'm having the issue with my account. I went to change the e-mail. When I clicked the link, it said that the conformation was invalid. Then when I went to use the alternative code, it said that was invalid also.

Also, for some reason none of my passwords are working.

If you don't remember, the Username is ViRGo_RK

Starkey is our savior!

Please help,
    Virgo

Nevermind, all is better

Thanks anyway, you're still my savior.

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

Originally posted by ViRGo_RK
    Thanks anyway, you're still my savior.
    pfft, John's not even here! He's such a glory hog

I looked at your account and it was still awaiting confirmation, so I 'confirmed' it for you and reset your password. Not sure what the problem with the URL you were given was, maybe that's something to look at.

Originally posted by aversion
    pfft, John's not even here! He's such a glory hog

I looked at your account and it was still awaiting confirmation, so I 'confirmed' it for you and reset your password. Not sure what the problem with the URL you were given was, maybe that's something to look at.
    Psst. I know it was you, just trying to score some points

Actually, MarkP said he would mention it to you. And when I started getting conformation e-mails I didn't ask for, I figured it was you trying to help.

Thanks a ton. I love this place

How much do I owe you?

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

doItLikeThis
    Ok, I was also having trouble logging for around 5 days. Then I did something that made me login. I reset my password, so that it got on my mail. Now, everytime, I open that email from fk, click on change password link in the mail, input the id and pass, and then login to fk. Try this onlt if everything else fails.
    -Aditya

Industrial (STRENGTH) Designer
    My problem isnt logging in. I can do that fine. the problem is that whenever i post, my posts suddenly 'dissappear'. I search for my posts by searching for my user name, but only old posts appear. I posted yesterday in the general flash forum and it dissappeared. Ill try again today.

Colombian Flash Padawan

another account

Hi, i registered under this name, for some reason i could not log in some time so i tried making another account, i did, and somehow i could get back this one, but sometimes i log in and find out, it's the other, could someone please delete Lord_xyrer ?

I am finally in after trying four times with two different email addresses and getting no response form the webmaster.

Do you guys ever answer email? Ever tried using an auto responder when you are on vacation or busy?

Truly bad support