A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New To Kool moves

New To Kool moves

Hello all,

I have just purchased Kool Moves and I made a series of movies to save space. I want to do three things and since I have never worked with flash before, I feel a little dumb asking some of these questions, but I have read some threads and you people seem to know your stuff!

Ok, the first question is, where is the Load Movie feature? I know where views and sound/action is and I know how to play each separate movie, but I don't know where or how to load my movie directly to the web. From what I've read, I think I can figure out how to connect each movie and upload it, but I can't find a box that says load movie. All I can find is the import, export, views tab which contains actions and the area under movie where movie overview is, but I don't see anything titled Load Movie except for under the help topics where it describes the Load Movie feature.

My second question is, since my sound (mp3) was way too big, I edited it in a program to shorten it and I put it in Mono. The only problem is that the program won't let me save my music as an mp3, but save it as an .NRA file. Does anyone know of a program that will reconvert this to MP3? If not, how else could i separately add in the music to the series of movies?

Okay, if you are still there since I'm taking up so much space, my third question is after my series of movies which makes up my intro appears on my site, I want to link the last frame of my last movie to my home page. I want to design my home page in Kool Moves as well. If I have a flash homepage, would this be a movie clip, movie, or something else?

I appreciate all of you who are helpful and patient as I just got this program and I am trying to learn it quickly and am very confused. Sorry this post was so long!

Hi,, If I understand you right then (1) You must save your "SWF" with "HTML", you then place the html inside your page using an editor (copy/paste) or straight to your web server (remembering to include the swf of course). I reccomend placing the html code inside another page using an editor for the simple reason that you can play around with the meta tags and keywords much more effectively and therefore make the overall presentation much more "Search Engine" friendly.
    (2) Search Google for "Goldwave" you will find 2 versions on their page,,, get the 4.2 version and not the new one (it's freeware), that'll change just about any sound format to just about anything else. (May even make the coffee if you push the right buttons).
    (3) To link from the last page of your Flash movie to your home page go to sounds and actions and select the last frame of your movie, then open the commands box, from there select "URL" and type in the url of your homepage, select "_blank" if you want it to open in a separate window. Hope that helps. Cheers
    humanus somes est divinitus in ipsum
    Wiliiam Wallace