A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: weird export image problem

weird export image problem

I made a super simple site for a client and it looks fine on most of the computers I checked it on (including mine) but...

It doesn't look good on the client's computer. She uses AOL and the graphics look very fuzzy on her computer. I exported the graphics from Photoshop. I cut and paste them from Illustrator. Because of the fuzz, I ended up exporting them as 100% jpgs, which is extreme since the graphics normally look good as lower quality gifs. (They would load faster then, but then again it's a small site anyway.)

We tried adjusting her computer resolution and still the images were fuzzy. By fuzzy, I mean that the images look very very low res: like you see on really bad websites sometimes. The images look "crunchy" on her computer.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

http://www.alextechmotion.com/
    seapod00

The problem isn't with the way you are exporting your images, but rather with the way that AOL is displaying them. Take a look at the screenshot below to see how to change the display settings. This is going to fix the 'problem' with your client's computer, but I'm afraid it's not going to help with all the other people who are still working with AOL's default compression settings.

mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thank you so much! I have been trying to figure it out...I knew it had something to do with AOL, but I wasn't sure what.
    seapod00

My client followed your instructions and restarted her computer and the good news is that the images on the ATmotion and the actors ATmotion pages are clear. The bad news is that the image on the homepage is still a bit fuzzy.

Know what might cause this?

nt
    seapod00

The only thing I can think of at the moment that might be causing that is if your client is still seeing a cached version of the image. They specifically mentioned that you may need to empty your browser's cache to clear any copies of the compressed files. So I would give that a shot if you haven't already.
    mrush

thanks

RUSHVision: I want to thank you again for the image that you posted in this (older) thread...it seems that client after client is using AOL and has that compress graphics radio button on (it's the AOL default).

I have sent that png graphic of yours to a few clients at different times (the one that shows people how to shut image compression off in AOL). I'm about to send it off again and want to express my gratitude.

God I wish that clients would chuck AOL, but since they aren't (yet) your graphic has been most useful.

Best to you mate.

sp00
    seapod00

thanks

RUSHVision: I want to thank you again for the image that you posted in this (older) thread...it seems that client after client is using AOL and has that compress graphics radio button on (it's the AOL default).

I have sent that png graphic of yours to a few clients at different times (the one that shows people how to shut image compression off in AOL). I'm about to send it off again and want to express my gratitude.

God I wish that clients would chuck AOL, but since they aren't (yet) your graphic has been most useful.

Best to you mate.

sp00
    seapod00

No problem. I'm glad you are getting some mileage out of it.
    mrush