A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: non flash and flash?

non flash and flash?

does anyone on here have a site that combines html/php/and flash? im looking for examples to help me decide that elements to do in flash and what to do in regular ole' code, most of the sites on here are FULL flash, which no offense, but i think flash has its limits as far as functionality so I would like to combine nice graphics with userability (i dont know if thats a word)...any examples are most glady welcomed..

I wonder what limitations you are thinking about? To me there are only advantages. To use whetever font you'd like,in whatever size whitout adding kb. Everything is placed where you want to. No tables or cells. Comminication with all scriptlanguages and databases and so on...

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

the macromedia website is a combination of flash and other languages...

anything you want animated, do with flash.

sometimes, people use flash for user log ons, and others use html + php/asp/and others for that.

it can depend on your ability to program in flash... if you're good with actionscripting and you have an ability to communicate flash with javascript, then you'd end up using flash fully... others have preferences..

well, what drawbacks or disadvantages did you have in mind about flash?
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL

www.flashscript.biz
    I made both html and flash because of the search engines and some stuff is easier to present in html.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

The Flash embed code seems strange at www.flashscript.biz and does not work on Mac ( the preloader just gets stuck before it should start ) . ( maybe its a Flash 7 swf ).I have just the Flash 6 player.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Thanks Pellepiano,

it is flash 7, since the main body is MX2004. I will make a notice to update the player.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

im going to be honest here, i like flash but a great deal of the websites i have seen on here are "too much" there is too much going on and not enough content or material, that is one of the draw backs i dont want to get caught up in....i dont want t oget so focused on making it look pretty that i forget why im making the website to begin with. later on as i become more comfortable with flash i will probably make a site based purely on flash.

well, collegefusion, the tip best for you is:

build your site first without flash.
    -use html, and others, perhaps php or asp.

when you're done doing the site in html/dhtml/xhtml, see what you want to animate, and see what tasks are easy to do that you can migrate them to flash... just like cancerinform said, he did with html what would be eaiser to do than in flash...

that'll make sure you have done the content part first, then design later... it ensures you have the meat.
    Flash MX + ASP + WinXP Pro
    Now Learning PHP & MySQL