A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: mx2004 Player crashing on MACS...HELP!

mx2004 Player crashing on MACS...HELP!

2004 MX FLASH PLAYER is crashing on macs. . Even on new macs. 10.2 or better opterating system. What could be causing this? ((It works fine on pcs (everything-98, 2000, XP)). We are no way near the 16,000 frame limit for authoring. We're using video inside the presentation if that makes a difference. Anyone had similar problems? Any suggestions/solutions would be great!

flash fiend
    I've been using mx6 because of other issues with fonts and keyboard shortcuts not working. When I tried 7 I did have trouble with crashing, and I found that by disabling the "snap align" and "snap to grid" it cut down on my freezes. Might be worth a shot.

flash fiend
    misinterpreted your post, oops! As far as the player goes my only suggestion would be to split up your files as much as possible, the less impact on the ram of the machine the better. I've heard that the mac projectors aren't built as robustly as the PC equivalents, so it may be the same case with the web version.

thanks for the input..any other help? Suggestions? It is actually loading, but crashing after it's loaded, and never in the same place..

flash fiend
    the only thing I can suggest is to try testing your piece without certain assets and see if it still crashes. For example try not loading the video if it is seperate from your interface. If it doesn't crash, try a blank movie that just plays the video. If it still crashes the problem is most likely in that file. That's how I usually look for problems is by isolating parts of my flash. Try using more compression on the video, it may just be too large for the memory on the machine. Try viewing running the "Activity Monitor" under Applications/Utilities when you run the flash. Also don't have any "hidden" assets on your timeline when they're not needed if you can. Good luck!

I had a problem with crashing once but only in Browsers when the movie was called from html page. I have a mac G4 (OSanther). I was preloading a complex movie, though not very large into a template movie and after loading the template was replaced with the actual movie (level0). When I changed the loaderscript so that the movie was loaded into level1 instead, I had no more problems. I do not know the exact reason but also I have only 315ram, which I am now increasing.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -