A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flash mx pro

flash mx pro

hi

i have flash mx pro and i just placed the preload bar component on my stage in the first frame of the movie and its not preloading my movie. does anyone have any idea how to configure that thing so that it will work? any tutorials out there?

and

do flash mx components work in flash mx pro?

thanks
    slimpixi

Man, this is a very old issue.
    Components (because they have exported symbols) are preloader in the first frame of the movie, and if you did a great job optimizing your document, components will take up a big part of the weight of the file.
    This means that before your file is preloaded, the components are. For this reason a preloader will start working only AFTER the components are loaded.

One workaround (a part from the fact that I always sujest abandoning the use of components) is loading your movie in a "loader" movie, which contains the preloader:

If you put the preloader in an external movie, and load your main movie inside it, you will have your preloader work perfectly. The only problem is that you must design your main movie so it can be executed correctly even if nested in a movieclip (this means that all paths must be relative).

Cheers!
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

but

thank you so much for that explanation...that was TOTALLY INFORMATIVE about components. thanks really.

however, i was talking about something else...

in flash mx pro it comes with some components already built in. one of those is a "progress bar". and i am not sure how to use it.
    i put it in the first frame of my movie but it didnt load anything.

any tutorials out there on how to use the flash mx preinstalled components?

and are you saying that , first flash loads the components, and then it loads the movie?

thanks!
    slimpixi

yeppa.
    Components are built with exported clips, which need to be "exported in first frame" to work correctly.
    This means that all components load WITH the material contained in the first frame of your movie, invalidating the progress bar you put at the beginning of the movie.

Cheers!
    Altruism does not exist. Sustainability must be made profitable.

Go to
    http://flashscript.biz/components/pr...preloader.html

This preloader component will preload components properly. Just follow the instructions, easy to set up. I also made a AS2 script, which I am soon going to publish there as well.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

sorted it out found help file!

thanks! i just found the help file!

best
    slimpixi