A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flash Kit Poster - Beta

FK founder & general loiterer Flashkit's Avatar

resolved

Check this out! This is a beta of the Flash Kit Poster!

This poster version has been put together by
    Mark Fennell (flashkit.com) and
    Rich Paul (richpaul.com)

Let us know what you think so far... the file is 170 Meg in Photoshop!!

Mark

Unemployed
    Very nice, a big one for FKBHQ would be very sweet!

Owe that's Kool!
    U should submit this to k10k.com
    U could win a prize or so...

Senior Moderator
    That rocks man Il like it!!i like it alot!!!!!

Angry Very nice

Can I gwt one for my office(bedroom) wall?

Clayton
    http://www.creative-flow.com

Really nice for in my room ;-)

Mark,

great poster!

Where/when/how can we buy/win/get that poster so we can hang it in our rooms/offices/toilets/garages?

Waldo

That is very nice , I would like to have one in my Bedroom ,,,

Pete

FK Bored Crew

very cool

Add me to the ranks of folks who want that poster for our office wall....I got a bunch of dart-holes I gotta cover

Where can I order? And are ya gonna make t-shirts?

-fishee

I am waiting for the first print to be done, its 86x120 cm at 150 dpi so it should look pretty sweet, and a couple more things have been added to it....

I might make em a prize for contributions or something!
    I am open for suggestions! And thanks for the fedback so far, keep it coming!

Mark

resolved

mark, it's not 170 mb, on my machine some stuff like that would weigh like 2MB not even sonsidering the size. i have a smoothresize plugin that allows me toSMOOTHLY transform an image without losing it's qulity, otherwise if you're not using the plug-in you're just cramming up the space. .psds are compressed you know.
    poster:
    i bet you guys could do much better. 3 fonts are too much for a poster. a limit for poster is 2.
    you DO know the law of three parts don't you. i don't think you applied it here. there si no point using 3 different colors if 75% of your whole poster is done in duotone. apart from blue you used purple and tan/orange. you knwo there are posters where the hwole image is b/w and like someone's head is color. well, here is something NOT like it. a very nice idea of poster, too bad i had the same idea a month ago. not flashkit, but iw15. iw15 is close to going out. i'm going to camp next week so i'll miss you all guys. i'm back 31st. so i have 1 to 9 days to create iw15. and the poster. but, use 1 color, put flash logo on a place visible not on the bottom. don't fall for techno fonts, your logo contains simple sans-serif. overall, A-.

d00d i want one!

Far out! That poster is really cool! I live in a hostel, so my room's walls are really bare, so I could go a poster like that. REALLY BIG too. So how much will they be?

What about FlashKit t-shirts?

forget t-shirts, pens, pencils, erasers, Ford Explorer FlashKit edition, FlashKit mouse&keyboard. FlashKit monitor. FlashKit computer, printer, phone, doorknob, bookmarks, and finally a FlashKit gameee..

that blue, eyes, circuit boards
    definitely some of the fennell trademark style in there

so when will we see the poster comp for flas?

Hmm, maybe I should patent "fennell blue"
    I should be getting a few printed up asap! And take a few to the conference

:im: I thought you gave up on the grading stuff, please do.
    I look forward to seeing your poster.

Most likely we will put them up as prizes for submissions, depends on how much it costs to print, Ill do some cheing

Mark

mark what did you mean please do??? i didn't really get it. you meant A-? a habit though. i haven't used grading system for a long time now. by the way, i don't need to have a fullsize poster, i printed out yours already on my lil' printer and it looks just perfect. you can make kabillions of those on a A4 sheet.

If people want to print em at A4 Ill put a Hires version online! But its just not the same as a BIG one!!
    Comments?

Mark

but then ppl can steal it, duuuuuh!!

I dont care if people take the A4 version and print it, how does that hurt flash kit, it doesnt, more people get to know about it, and people get a cool free poster.

I think people prefer BIG posters though, so I am getting some printing quotes at the minute.

Mark

mark, i mean they cutoff flashkit and use your artwork as theirs because it is online and in format everyone can download.

Ahh I see, but it will be flattened so someone will have to work hard to remove all the flash kit references

They could always scan the poster anyways. I try to be as open source as possible, I might even put up the PSD file (all 170 meg of it)

Mark