dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Preloader Won't Run...

My Preloader Won't Run...

Hello!

I've been using Flash Kit for awhile, but haven't really had any questions about this stuff until now. This is my first attempt at using a preloader, since most of my movies have been small. Anyways, I have it setup as follows.

There are three layers, my preloader layer, an action layer that just has ;stop() on it, and my content layer. If possible, I would like the preloader to run and when it reaches 100% it should start playing the content MC. I have both the preloader and the content in MCs, so each only take up one frame on the main movie scene. I've tried a few different things but to no avail. Here is my latest try.

onClipEvent (enterFrame) {
    }
    onClipEvent (load) {
    if (_root.getBytesLoaded()!=_root.getBytesTotal()) {
    MovieClip.stop();
    gotoAndPlay(2);
    }
    }

I put my preloader MC on the first frame and my content MC on the second frame. When the preloader MC finishes (it hits 100% graphically), the movie just stops and sits with my preloader MC saying COMPLETE. So, my content portion never begins. Here is my movie if you'd like to take a look. This is just a basic thing, so let me know what you come up with. Both portions of this movie were taken from downloads off Flash Kit. Thanks for your help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

I added a simple _root.play(); to the very last frame in the MC of the preloading bar since that's where all the action is taking place. Should work now.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thanks! I had to do a little more work on it, but eventually it started to work. Thanks for the help!

Arvida