A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Portolio Site in dev. -- need opinion.

Portolio Site in dev. -- need opinion.

Hey everybody,
    I'm working on updating my portfolio site. It's still in the early stages of development and i haven't gotten around to finishing the other sections of the site. Nor has it been optimized in anyway so please bear with me on the download time. Any comments/constructive criticism is appreciated. Thanks!

http://www.emotionsedge.com/newSiteTest/index.htm

If you're interested, here's my old portfolio site for a bit of comparison. It's about 4 years old so it's about time for an overhaul:

http://www.emotionsedge.com

-ray

I really like it! I think the only critique I really have is that the background image with the weird pillars kinda strays from the color scheme but it's all great! I'm trying to learn how to do good intro animations like yours--just stuff smoothly sliding in/fading in at the opening of your site without lagging the rest of the site--would you mind giving me some pointers or maybe even your source file? Thanks for any help you can give me and great job!

GRooVeZ is the name ;) PixelAddict's Avatar
    yup really neat job

just 1 thing; maybe it would be even better when u used pixelfonts. ur text is a bit fuzzy. Pixelfonts look more crisp

hey slickshoe,
    i can't say i'm 100% satisfied with the colors for main background image. i was hoping to add a set of different colors to compliment the shades of red and not just have everything being red. as for making things move smoothly, i usually animate at 24fps. just make sure you're not moving a ton of different things around otherwise things will slow down.

pixeladdict,
    yeah the blurry text seems to be the biggest complaint so far. i'm not too happy with the pixel fonts i have. i don't have anything similar to the font that's on there now. guess i'll have to find some other way to deal with it.

thanks for the comments guys.

The Excentrifugal Force SSC Cosmic's Avatar
    FFF Business is a fairly close match to that one, from fontsforflash.com .

The site is very nice. If I were to pick at it, I'd say a faster pace to the opening animation, and generally more color. Your links and such at bottom right really highlight how a little color could really bring the site up a notch.

GJ man.

GRooVeZ is the name ;) PixelAddict's Avatar
    maybe u can take a look inhere ; http://www.dafont.com/en/bitmap.php?page=19

thanks SSC Cosmic & PixelAddict for the links to the pixel fonts. i'll certainly check them out and give some of them a try. Do any of you guys have any opinions on the 1 pixel white lines? i've had some comments from Ultrashock that has me getting rid of them under consideration. thanks again.