A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Do & don'ts when exporting to Quicktime???

Do & don'ts when exporting to Quicktime???

Hi all,

Need help badly, i have accepted the following project:

I need to produce a animation based on some drawings and export to a quicktime format. Another person is putting sound on the animation. I tested a simple tween, but while exporting to quicktime it doesn't work.

So my question is what to do if ii want to export to quicktime? What are the don'ts?

Furtermore, the animation will be seen on a screen 2.40 metre X 1.80 metre. Which flash movie format should i use?? Just 4x3 so 800px by 600px is good enough???

Thnks in advanced?

You can export in 2 ways. QuickTime or QuickTime Video. The first exports to Flash tracks, this will play the animation in the Flash player that is built in in QT. Filesize will be as a swf file.
    The other will make a movie , and treat the Flash part as any video ( filesize increases as it now is like converted to bitmaps ). Thiswill not ( i believe ) play animations inside movieclips, only the main timelines animations.

If it is a computer that will run your file, you better check what resolution the monitor screen is.

If its finally made into video or dvd there are other concerns, like frame rate and size, which differs from PAL and NTSC ( Europe and USA ).

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Thnks for your reply.

only the main timelines animations
    Does this include a motion tween, because i tested a simple block from left to right and it doesn't seems to work?

Would a good workaround be:
    a/ exporting it as a bitmap sequence.
    b/ import the sequence in a new flash
    c/ and then export it as a quicktime

I know it is gonna be on PAL so i use a framerate of 24fps, that's correct, right?
    Gonna burn it on cd (hope it fitts on 560mb) or dvd (no dvd writer yet), most dvd players play both, right??
    About the size, i know it's 4x3 but should i make my flash movie 800X600 or 400x300 or even 1600x1200?
    How should i test this with the assumtion that they will use a dvd player and a big screen (2.4 x 1.8 metre)?

Thnks in advanced,

PAL has a framerate of 25 fps.

DVD usually use MPEG2 as a codec.

Size depends on what the monitor has for resolution.If the nig screen only has 800x600 your 1600x1200 wont fit.

PAL is 720x576

I dont know why your animation dont show.
    Remeber that QuickTime is always one version behind. So have your Publish settings to Flash4 if you are testing in QuickTime 5.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com