A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [help] swapdepths

Hybrid View

[help] swapdepths

hi guys,

i've read the sticky and that document is great. http://www.umbc.edu/interactive/flas...e.php?p=depths.

i have just a quick question for you:
    i have 2mc's on the stage. 1 called 'hero' the other called 'square'. inside the 'square' mc are 2 mc's called 'square1' and 'square2'. is there anyway at all that i could make the hero appear infront of square 2 and at the same time behind square 1?
    from that document
    The depths of objects can only be changed in respect to other objects within that same timeline. This applies to both actionscript and when working in the Flash authoring environment. What this means is that if you have two movieclips, clipA and clipB and they each have their own clips within, then those interior clips depths can not be changed or rearranged in relation to each other. The only way to rearrange their depth positioning is if you rearranged clipA's and clipB's depths directly which would then of course rearrange everything within those clips either above or below the other
    does this mean the above question cannot be done?

thanks guys
    Last edited by leight; 01-17-2004 at 06:46 PM.

Yes, it cant be done as far as I know as swapDepths work individually in each timeline.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

ah okay - thanks.

i was just wondering coz now i have to do it graphically some how :S im making a scrolling platformer. the platforms are skewed -60 horozontally so i kinda need that. oh well hopefully i can do it.

thanks.