Hi all,
I created a simple date check function for a Flash program that I sometimes send out on CD's. It checks the date on the computer, and if it's past a certain date it jumps to the end of the timeline and gives a message (license expired) to the user.

**THE PROBLEM**
It works fine, usually. The problem is that recently I had some people in Europe use the CD and they were getting the license expired message, even though they are well within the date that it expires.

Go to:
http://www.design4x.com/test/dateche...hDateCheck.swf

You should be able to see the site OK. If you change your computer date to 2005 and then run it again - you should get the License expired message.

Any ideas why this would occur only in Europe (I had some U.S. customers use the same program and they didn't have a problem). Is there some quirk with how dates are set-up on European computers that would cause this (I even changed my computer to display in a European format to test it out and it worked fine).

Regards
M

P.S. for those of you who think such a date check isn't much of a deterrent. After all, all the person has to do is set their computer date back temporarily to run the program. However, the code is a little more complicated. It actually creates a SharedObject (i.e., a Flash cookie) that keeps track of the last date the user tried to access the program. Then if they try to set their computer date back, the program "knows". Obviously, anyone familiar with Flash can just find and erase the SharedObject - but most people probably won't realize this or know how to do it. It's not 100%, but it's the best I got. Any other suggestions?